Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Can anyone help find something similar to this please?

(22 Posts)
used2bthin Fri 14-Oct-11 20:03:00

I have just spotted this www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20116207/ and it may help DD feel a bit less anxious at night I think.

She has SN and gets very worried about little marks on the wall and shadows. Anyway it only fits the kura bed at Ikea and I want one to fit the bed she is already in. Anyone seen anything similar?

used2bthin Fri 14-Oct-11 20:04:44

ikea canopy

coff33pot Fri 14-Oct-11 20:09:07

www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=tents+children&tag=googhydr-21&index=toys&hvadid=4534580576&ref=pd_sl_8fn9qz7bn1_b

Toy story tent pack?

DS actually had the play kit that is red and yellow when he was small and we used the main one with some foam through it on top of his mattress for a while smile

coff33pot Fri 14-Oct-11 20:09:43

There is a little princess one there too!

madwomanintheattic Fri 14-Oct-11 20:13:44

there are loads of bed tents - we had the rainbow one that ikea did before and it used to fit on all beds...

that said, it didn't help dd2's sleep issues at all (in fact it was scarier as it was closed in and she couldn't see there were no Things there), but good luck! grin

EllenJaneisnotmyname Fri 14-Oct-11 20:14:53

How about this A bit expensive maybe?

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Fri 14-Oct-11 20:14:56

theres one here

used2bthin Fri 14-Oct-11 20:17:54

Oh thank you! Posted on products and had one response suggesting I post here or chat-should have known the SN board would help. I think DD would love thw toy story one but doesn't have a mid sleeper. I am desperate enough to consider a new bed but due to epilepsy can't do a high up one. Hm do you think it would fit a normal bed?

Oh bet DD is the same mwita!She has been obsessing over stickers for months-we put the stickers to cover up the marks-it never ends!

purplewerepidj Fri 14-Oct-11 20:20:08

Totally off track, but we have this stuff on the walls at work to stand up to getting bumped with wheelchairs i can't steer It's a bit pricey, but a LOT harder wearing than emulsion paint so would get rid of the shadows and marks, hopefully...

used2bthin Fri 14-Oct-11 20:22:14

Love the SN board! Ellenjane that looks great doesn't it and yours ninjagoose thank you. I think I will show them to DD tomorrow and see if she sees keen (hard to tell sometimes but may try. At least they aren't majorly expensive if she refuses it once it arrives.

used2bthin Fri 14-Oct-11 20:24:36

ooh purplewerepidj, that is appealing. I will show it to DP, thanks. We are about to move and will need to decorate her room so have been talking lots about how to minimise marks! Also create something calming for her and make it seem like hers.

used2bthin Fri 14-Oct-11 20:29:25

Ellenjane yes may be a bit pricey actually thinking about it in case she just refuses (though am desperate enought o throw money at the sleep issues!) but it does look like it would work.

Wonder if one could be made. The ikea canopy was lovely and plain/calm which appeals to me as DD is so hyper at night. And its a good distance away from hr face although hard to know as she may like the more enclosed ones.

purplewerepidj Fri 14-Oct-11 20:29:45

We've got waterproof in all the bathrooms, and a lovely teal colour on the bottom part of the communal areas, with cream above. It comes in loads of colours, I bet they've got pale pink/lilac!

The home opened about a year ago, newly refurbed (pretty much the whole house was rebuilt to be suitable for adults with ld) and it's still looking fresh and new grin

purplewerepidj Fri 14-Oct-11 20:30:23

PS PM me for a quote if you want me to do some sewing smile

used2bthin Fri 14-Oct-11 20:34:33

Thank you! I am off downstairs to show DP the wall stuff and the canopy options. I do wonder if the Ikea one could in fact be adapted to fit a standard single bed actually too.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Fri 14-Oct-11 20:37:36

I'm sure you could adapt the Ikea one. How about velcro straps that go under the mattress? Would work on a normal single bed?

used2bthin Fri 14-Oct-11 20:45:54

Thats a good plan. I think I need an ikea trip to properly check it out.

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Fri 14-Oct-11 21:08:54

have a look at this you can see the type of fitting a bit more clearly. Other options could be something like this, we have a couple, they won't take much weight but you drape some lightweight material over the top. Or possibly something like this would blur the walls enough iyswim.

coff33pot Fri 14-Oct-11 21:11:47

With the Toy Story one maybe you could suspend the 3 panels above the bed from the ceiling down? Just make a fourth panel from plain sheeting maybe. She would have the fun of the picture on the outside but plain inside and you could still use the canopy bit inside that if she wants added security. The rocket could be suspended on a longer length to touch the floor in the corner of her room as a hidy place perhaps.

coff33pot Fri 14-Oct-11 21:13:02

Must say those shower panels look good!

used2bthin Fri 14-Oct-11 21:18:35

They do don't they?! I think I'd only want to do one wall though and am thinking DD would quite possibly find SOMETHING to worry about so will look into price-very tempted though.

Thanks for the ikea links-I am not sure the ikea one I linked to would work looking at that. The other two are good. She is a fidgeter though-wonder if it would be dangerous, in case she got tangled I mean?

willowthecat Sat 15-Oct-11 09:37:01

I just bought the ikea canopy and tied it on to the existing bed - depends if you have bed frame bits to tie it on to but should be doable on most beds

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now