Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

too tired for....

(46 Posts)
signandsmile Fri 14-Oct-11 17:56:24

Hi all, ,mixed week, sad [cross] ds bit another child, (badly) it turns out his TA was elsewhere.... the school have had meeting and agree he does need someone with him all the time.... er... yeah!!!! hmm.

But at least we had good parents eve last night, and i have said I will record our conversation so we have evidence for statement review in Jan, (already has 27 hours, may need to go up to include lunch and breaks too). It also means I have records of incidents and strategies they have agreed to put in place... (So there is ammo for the future a paper trail, wink) and a big thank you to unpa1dcar3r for her listening ear, as I ranted about this... grin

College was fab this week, and I think we might have found a lass to do ds's one to one worker at church. and we are off to the seaside next week, just me and ds, but a friend and her kids may come for a couple of days too.

How have things been for everyone??

keepingupwiththejoneses Fri 14-Oct-11 18:28:19

Mixed week here too. DS2 has been very stubborn this week but nothing too bad. DS1 got into a fight today at school as someone was skiting him about ds2. sad
Had a mixed week in work too. Had a great meeting with the assistant director for childrens services today to disscus the impact on disabled children the cut in april may have, all very positive to be honest, well in my LA anyway. Had some horrible stories coming through from schools though, things you just would not believe and would never happen to nt children.
Off out to a charity black tie event tomorrow so looking forward to that, they are raising money to buy a wheelchair accessible boat for our local marina. Might have a few cheeky wine tonight before bed.

IndigoBell Fri 14-Oct-11 18:41:00

Had a rubbish meeting with SENCO yesterday.

Bit down about it all. I'm sick of fighting this by myself. Why won't school make more of an effort?

unpa1dcar3r Fri 14-Oct-11 18:58:22

Evening all
Busy as ever week here; council tax dept would be dangerous if they had a brain cell between em, causing me lots of running around, along with benefits who have agreed some mortgage relief in writing but then said they don't know why I've got that letter as i'm not on their system and would I mind please filling in another war and peace novel benefit form just to make sure...
Dishwasher not washing. Again! Cost me £90 last time to get them out. Not paying again. They're ringing in couple of days to book appt.
College confusing and full on (you wait Sign haha!) and no guaranteed teaching hours for after Christmas.
One week nearer to eldest DD going off to Oz sad for me but smile for her and her partner.
Oh and just found out boys break up one day earlier next week due to teacher training day...aaaaargh!

Blimey that all sounds depressing dunnit!

Been some good stuff too; youngest DS ran cross country after getting chosen by school, got a medal, came home, rubbed his knees and said "ran bloody miles...aint doing that again" grin
And I've lost 5lb somewhere- not the £5 in change eldest DS has lost this week in bits and pieces, another 5lb.

Gonna go chill with me bubba (youngest DS) now for a cuddle...
Enjoy your evening all.

Becaroooo Fri 14-Oct-11 19:04:22

Been at hospital all day with my sister who was rushed in this morning - didnt get back til nearly 6pm (she is ok btw...phew)

Therefore;
House = tip
Ironing = not done
Fridge = empty
Me = knackered

Was ds1's school end of term assembly this morning when all the kids get certificates for their work - reading/writing/good progress etc.

Ds1 got nothing again

Its great the kids get recognition for their work (my nephews included!) but its hard when its never your dc, and you know they are giving 110% sad

Everything is so much harder for ds1...the EP report stated this and that the teachers need to be aware that its much more difficult for him to complete the work his peers do. Not sure they get it hmm

All in all a pretty crappy day sad

coff33pot Fri 14-Oct-11 19:09:31

Evening all smile

Hope you have fun at the seaside sign cant beat fresh sea air to put everything in perspective smile And sorry to hear about DS biting someone maybe now the school will watch out for him instead of leaving him to his own devices. DS cant cope with unstructured times at all so I know where you are coming from there.

Good that your LA has some positive moves to the cuts Keepingup lets hope all LAs follow suit! Have fun at the charity do its great to have an excuse to dress up smile

Indigo sad sending hugs why is it that these ppl always leave you either frustrated or deflated!

Odd week this week for me really. Eldest DD who was in hospital is now out and making a good recovery much to my delight. It was havoc for DS who really thought she wasnt coming home he hasnt left her side this week. I have acute ear ache as middle dd is learning to play the flute. She has had 3 lessons so far and loves it. She has done well but I forgot just how grating Three Blind Mice can be as its been years since eldest DD was in school grin

Had the dreaded disheartening report this week which was a kick in the teeth but life goes on and have now got a few positive moves going with the SALT so feel a bit more with it again.

Off to sort out dd and ds who are bats at the moment with some wings their nanny bought for halloween grin

Ineedalife Fri 14-Oct-11 19:12:09

Mixed for us too, finally got Dd3's orthotics sorted and then her new shoes brokesad. Just convinced her to wear them toohmm.
Fab lady who bought shoes off[long story] has just replaced them with an even nicer pairgrin.

Dd3 has stayed in school all week despite 2 anxiety incidents, these have been dealt with brilliantly by senco, meaning I don't get phoned to fetch her.

Situation with DGD no better but we have set up a sharing box, where Dd3 puts one toy in a box and DGD is allowed to play with it, then at the end of the week it can be changed.
It worked well except DGD was a bit gutted that there was only 1 toy in the boxgrin.

Still it is the first time DD3 has shared something volutarily at home so its a great start.smile.

We are all knackered and can't wait for half term.

Have fun at the seaside Sign.grin.

coff33pot Fri 14-Oct-11 19:15:49

unpald You have had a busy week! how exciting for your dd going to OZ! My dishwasher always breaks down if I am not around (my DH lol) and yep I got the teacher training day down here too so only 4 day week next week!

Becarroo Glad your sis is ok!

Why cant your sons school produce a certificate for outstanding effort? I would suggest this as surely it would help kids gain confidence.

purplewerepidj Fri 14-Oct-11 19:19:36

<pours cheap cava posh bubbly for everyone>

I have finally managed to get myself a new job, outside SN and care work, and will therefore be finally regaining control of my mental health i hope

I'll still be on the fringes, but my training will be rapidly going out of date so I'll most likely be even less help than usual to you all. Sewing is still going, though, for those needing wheelchair friendly clothes/particular sensory issues catered for grin

Ineedalife Fri 14-Oct-11 19:22:40

Congrats on the new job purple, hope you enjoy it.grin.

IndigoBell Fri 14-Oct-11 19:28:40

Purple Congrats on the job! I'm so pleased for you.

moosemama Fri 14-Oct-11 19:29:07

Evening folks

Enjoy your seaside break Sign. I am very envy I could so do with escaping for a few days at the moment.

Sounds like everyone has had up and downs this week. We are much the same.

Ds1 is tired and being a nightmare at home - always the same by the end of this half term. Fortunately, he is doing really well at school and everyone is really pleased with him. He even came home this afternoon and had a little sob because it was the weekend and he wanted to go to school tomorrow! <<faints>>

His IEP review has had to be rescheduled to after half term, which is a pita, because we were supposed to be getting his SA request together at it. hmm

I haven't been very good cognitively this week, lots of word recall, memory and balance problems, which is very disappointing after feeling so much better for a couple of months. Also managed to come down with some sort of throat and headache type bug, accompanied by ridiculous levels exhaustion, leaving me really scared I was heading for another CFS/ME crisis, but am feeling a little better today, so fingers crossed.

Cognitive stuff a bit of a problem whilst trying to fill in the mahoosive forms our LEA insist on us sending with the SA request though. I guess the meeting being postponed is a blessing in disguise from that point of view at least.

More positively, I have lost more weight and inches (am now down from 34.5" to 30" in the weight department from 22nd August to today! shock).

I have also managed to order a fair chunk of the dcs' Christmas presents, so am feeling slightly more in control of something at least.

moosemama Fri 14-Oct-11 19:30:18

Cross posted.

Congratulations Purple - fantastic news! grin

purplewerepidj Fri 14-Oct-11 19:37:56

Thank you everyone! I will still pop in if I see a thread I might be able to help with in Active, but with out of date training I'm probably not much use no change there

thanks

I'm glad to see lots and lots of positives on here, though grin

coff33pot Fri 14-Oct-11 19:45:11

Congrats Purple! <holds up glass of bubbly> grin

Sorry to hear you have not been well moosemama. Heres hoping next week will be a better one for you smile Congrats on the new figure too!

EllenJaneisnotmyname Fri 14-Oct-11 19:47:37

Hello all. Sorry it's been such a mixed week for you all.

I've had a much calmer week. No parents evenings yet so watch this space. DS1 and 2 have an inset day on Monday but I'm at work, so I've suggested ex H takes all 3 out somewhere nice for the day. I'm such a mug, he'll get all the brownie points!

moosemama Fri 14-Oct-11 19:51:07

Don't you dare go anywhere Purple, you are one of us and we'll never let you go - mwah-ha-ha!

Thanks Coffee, its blooming hard work this diet and exercise lark, but I'm enjoying working out now and miss it when I can't do it.

Just realised I put weight instead of waist in my earlier post. See what I mean about the language problems, if a word sounds vaguely like the one I'm searching for my brain thinks 'oh well, that'll do' and shoves that one instead. blush

EllenJaneisnotmyname Fri 14-Oct-11 19:53:32

I dream of a 35" waist!

creatovator Fri 14-Oct-11 19:53:46

Hi All,

Haven't been on for ages cos haven't been well at all. Long story and don't want to bore everyone with it. Thankfully beginning to pick up slowly. Having to be very careful - lots of bed rest. Like you Moose I've had ME in the past and don't want to go there again. Thankfully getting lots of support from doctor, Mum and Dad, DH and praying folk in church.

Our week has also been mixed. DS in hospital today under general anasthetic to get 3 teeth out. Only one bad but others out to make room for others. Very traumatic for him and DH. However, he had his b'day earlier this week and enjoyed that. He was at outdoor centre with school and is doing really well there, particularly for this time of year.

DD being good. Came home with Star of the Week today. I was so pleased because she rarely gets awards. She's bright, but not one of the top ones in her class. She also got a well done certificate for a project she did.

Kids on hols for a week up here now. DH has taken time off. He's a real star.

Sorry, can't respond to all the above posts, but have managed to read them.

purplewerepidj Fri 14-Oct-11 19:55:52

<pours more bubbles for everyone> DP's coming down with something so am i but i'm not whinging about it so it's just me and a bottle!

blush at Moosie - and we know what you meant!

Ellen, peace and quiet is hard won, enjoy it even if ExH has to have some credit angry wink

EllenJaneisnotmyname Fri 14-Oct-11 19:56:48

Nice to see you back, Creatovator. smile

creatovator Fri 14-Oct-11 19:57:54

Thanks Ellen. Nice to catch up on all the news smile

coff33pot Fri 14-Oct-11 20:00:39

moose dont worry about the word thing my DS does similar when pronouncing the word fork.............but we wont elaborate blush grin

BabeRuthless Fri 14-Oct-11 20:03:34

Hope it's ok to jump in here. Rough-ish week with ds, hes really tired out from school and it's all catching up with him. He was like a greyhound out of the traps first few weeks and now he's knackered. Just
doing our best to get him to half term. Walk to and from school is a nightmare at the mo, ds hates the wind & is insisting on picking up leaves and putting them in his book bag, screaming if it doesn't go exactly to plan. Work has been a nightmare, I'm totally knackered out and havent been handling ds the best. Both of us tired and grumpy at the moment.

On the plus side I got a note in his reading log saying that he's doing so well with reading that they're trying him on his first book with words. grin

EllenJaneisnotmyname Fri 14-Oct-11 20:04:19

Thanks for the bubbly, purple. I've run out of gin and the vodka just doesn't hit the spot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now