Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

The latest obsession...

(19 Posts)
WilsonFrickett Thu 13-Oct-11 19:51:11

is All Star Family Fortunes. We recorded one episode cos my DM said she watched it with DS and he really liked it. He's now watched it once a day since sat and its driving me insane.

DS is echolaic in Vernon Kay's accent.

<bangs head>

bialystockandbloom Thu 13-Oct-11 20:00:45

grin ha ha ha ha HA!

Ds saw that Wipeout thing once (the It's a Knockout on water if you don't know it) and I could see how easily it could become an obsession for him too though it was strangely addictive

MangoMonster Thu 13-Oct-11 20:03:19

Poor you smile. Although I used to find vernon attractive...until he did family fortunes... Much prefer the old skool Les Dennis ones!

bialystockandbloom Thu 13-Oct-11 20:09:08

Pointless factoid: VK used to live near me (while he was trying to make it as a model) and I used to chat to him sometimes in our local pub - think I once even played a game of pool against him. He was actually really nice, and attractive in a slightly unconventional way.

MangoMonster Thu 13-Oct-11 20:12:52

I really used to like him when I was a teenager! I would have been so jealous bialy. Oh just seventeen and all that...

WilsonFrickett Thu 13-Oct-11 20:14:55

Bialy, I'm quite fond of Total Wipeout, tried quite hard with it but it didn't 'take' with DS. I think VK is quite cute (well, apart from the mucky texting) but I just can't get over the accent coming out of DS mouth grin

Tiggles Thu 13-Oct-11 20:27:11

My DSs are rather taken with Total Wipeout - wasn't a problem until Ds2 who is a tad clumsy (putting it kindly) decided that he would use space hoppers to mimic jumping over the big red balls. Needless to say hitting the floor was a little bit harder than landing on water grin

bialystockandbloom Thu 13-Oct-11 20:49:09

Is it wrong of me that I would dearly love to hear a small child's voice saying "our survey said" in a northern accent? grin

bialystockandbloom Thu 13-Oct-11 20:50:21

littlemiss ouch! But tbh the programme itself seems remarkably slack about health & safety, don't you think <tut>

ineedstrongcoffee Thu 13-Oct-11 21:26:37

I wish it was family fortunes or total wipe out at our house but no,we have to watch the chase.
And i thought 12 months of who wants to be a millionaire was bad enough.
But even i had to contain my giggles when in a meeting at school one day ds was being told off by HT for something or other,she said to him are you going to say sorry ''''''''''''''''''''.He thought for a few seconds and announced "I WOULD LIKE TO PHONE A FRIEND".Even mrs serious couldnt contain her ammusement grin

bialystockandbloom Thu 13-Oct-11 21:40:17

ineed that is the funniest thing I have read in a long, long time, I am actually laughing out loud grin

bialystockandbloom Thu 13-Oct-11 21:41:37

And what brilliant generalising to boot grin

cheekkatb Thu 13-Oct-11 21:44:47

My boy has been through the Total Wipeout phase. My absolute favourite obsessional stage of his, was when he went through liking the 'hole in the wall'
At regular random times a day he would adopt a hole in the wall pose. We had a virtual running commentary of the Q&A too. For example: Is 'naked but one' an anagram of 'Anton du Beke?'

WilsonFrickett Thu 13-Oct-11 23:42:34

Probably bad form to love your own thread but I do love this! bialy at one point he/DS says 'don't say owt, it'll just mekk it wirse...'

ineed - genius.

signandsmile Fri 14-Oct-11 07:34:34

love the idea of the accent.... I'm afraid it's 'justin's house' that is current phase at the moment, walked same episode 4 times on Sun.... argh...

all together 'everyone is welcome in JUSTIN'S HOUSE'

argh!!!!!

signandsmile Fri 14-Oct-11 07:35:45

walked????? blush watched, (altho jumped and flapped the same episode might be more appropriate, grin

Grey24 Fri 14-Oct-11 15:49:05

Having a difficult day with DD, crept away to look at MN for quick burst of support/sanity.... and saw this thread.... thank you for making me smile...!

chuckeyegg Fri 14-Oct-11 16:33:12

It's the alphablocks games on cbeebies here, so I hardly ever get on the laptop!

starfish71 Fri 14-Oct-11 16:53:09

DS2 is hooked by 'pointless' on BBC 1. Blame hubby for that one as he loves it and DS loves watching the counter thing going down to see if it is a 'pointless' answer!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now