Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Advice for a party for a seven year old with additional needs with both legs in plaster....

(11 Posts)
LottieJenkins Wed 12-Oct-11 10:35:50

My friend has asked me to post for her. Her seven year old with additional needs including autism is shortly going to have both his legs broken realigned and put in plaster (due to onging mobility probs) His seventh birthday is at the begining of November and she is after ideas for his party. He will be limited due to his legs being in plaster!!! She would be really grateful for any advice!!! TIA!!

davidsotherhalf Wed 12-Oct-11 10:46:14

a craft party? decorating cupcakes, making models, (some can be downloaded and printed out) scrapbook pages, each child could bring a picture and do a scrapbook page, or you could take pictures and print them off. glass painting on cheap plastic glasses and battery tea light from pound shop,(my ds used to love doing these)

AurraSing Wed 12-Oct-11 10:49:24

Could she arrange to have the party before the op?

Redbluegreen Wed 12-Oct-11 10:50:44

Cinema and pizza? Set up a home movie with tv or projector, beanbags and cushions, birthday boy on sofa, with popcorn, hotdogs, pizza, etc.

coff33pot Wed 12-Oct-11 11:04:53

Puppet show, magician or balloon model making maybe?

moosemama Wed 12-Oct-11 11:08:00

I second the cinema party.

They could make it special by printing invitations like tickets and having someone bringing round ice-cream/milkshakes etc in the break.

beautifulgirls Wed 12-Oct-11 13:07:48

Have you a local pottery painting shop? We did a lovely party there for DD#1 this year (turned 7) and would be great for child with mobility and social communication problems too in my opinion, so long as they enjoy a bit of painting. Also not too much work for me as a parent either - we had to provide the food, but in our case just ordered happy meal take away from McDonalds on the day.

ThePumpkinofDoomandTotalCha0s Wed 12-Oct-11 17:14:36

build a bear?

thisisyesterday Wed 12-Oct-11 20:27:14

yes, i was going to suggest doing the party before the OP too!

it might be a bit miserable if he's all uncomfortable anyway having to have a party as well and be all cheery aout it.

then again, it might take his mind of it and give him some fun while his legs are in casts..

sorry, rambling now! agree that cinema party is a good idea. otherwise how about pizza express? they do a build a pizza party

silverfrog Wed 12-Oct-11 22:33:50

yellow moon do all sorts of craft kits - from sewing (easy pre-cut, 'safe' needles etc) to pottery decorating, Christmas decoration making etc - mightbe an idea to look on their website and see if anything would suit?

LottieJenkins Wed 12-Oct-11 22:36:39

Thanks for your suggestions......... I will pass them on tomorrow!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now