Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Statement Advice

(5 Posts)
Sally200 Tue 11-Oct-11 16:14:18

My DS is aged 4, diagnosed with SPD and query Asperges. He has been referred to the Autism Panel for assessment - appt two years time!
He will start school Sept 12. The Ed Psych has submitted an application for a Statutory Assessment - I am just waiting to hear from the LA re whether they will conduct statutory assessment. I am hopeful tha they well.
The Ed Psych has been to Nursery today to observe DS and has said that although he did better than she thought he would it is clear that he will need help at school.

She said that statements come in four bands, A - D, depending on how the LA deem DS's needs. Can anyone tell me in reality what this means? How many hours do you get with each Band? Is there a standard so many hours for Asperges?

Also, any advice re what I should be doing re parent side of stat ass? I have already liaised with the ms where hopefully ds will go - am meeting their senco and foundation teacher within couple of weeks to talk about transition.

Sally

IndigoBell Tue 11-Oct-11 16:19:46

This band A - D thing is specific to your county. Where do you live?

justaboutstillhere Tue 11-Oct-11 16:21:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sally200 Tue 11-Oct-11 17:25:21

I'm in Hull - East Yorkshire

justaboutstillhere Tue 11-Oct-11 20:15:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now