Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

think i have messed up potty training

(3 Posts)
mumof2terrors Mon 10-Oct-11 12:13:14

Hi everyone,

DS is nearly 3 asd and just starting to use language (we are doing ABA). i started to potty train him last week and he wasn't getting it at all, i then put him on the toilet and when i washed him he automatically did a pee, i have been doing this every hour since Saturday morning and it is working.....i am concerned that he is not actually understanding that he is weeing and that to fade this anchor would be really difficult.

Any advice esp from ABAers would be helpful

sad

oodlesofdoodles Mon 10-Oct-11 21:21:09

Hello Mumof2
Glad to hear the ABA is going well and your DS is getting there with language, that's really great news. What does your ABA consultant suggest? I'm no expert on potty training. With my DS it was just four fairly hellish months. We had no idea at the time that he had any probs, so just ploughed on with it. He's still not 100% two years later.

mumof2terrors Mon 10-Oct-11 22:27:26

Hi oodles,
The ABA is the best thing we have done for my DS he is a completely different child to what he was. 6 months ago he was non verbal and in his own world now he tries to communicate with us. I am seeing my consultant on thurs so will ask her then, i just dont want to do anything to mess the potty training upsad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now