Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Expecting DC2 and very worried about DS

(3 Posts)
lovemybabyboy Sun 09-Oct-11 12:03:43

Hi all,
I am 38+1 with DC2 and although it was a planned baby and I am looking forward to baby's arrival I cant help but be extremely worried about how my DS is going to react.

DS is 2yrs and 10 months old but has special needs, he cant talk (except for his own little language and a few random real words) and he has very little understanding so not able to explain about baby coming.
He has been having speech therapy and being seen by paediatrician and various other seervices for the past 6 to 8 months. He is awaiting a diagnosis and is having his first assessment for Autism on 31st October.

I am just wondering how other people managed a similar situation and would appreciate any advice or tips.

Thanks in advance! smile

zzzzz Sun 09-Oct-11 13:00:47

Number one tip would be that you teach him that babies like having their feet stroked rather than faces or kissing. Bigger kids tend to lean on the babies tummy to kiss stroke and that hurts.

Make sure you have somewhere to put the baby down in each room.

Take the baby with you or your son with you but don't leave them alone.

ds didn't talk at this age and loved his little sister. He was very worried by her crying and that can be hard in the car. She is the best therapy he ever had. They play......this morning they sang together [sniff].

lovemybabyboy Sun 09-Oct-11 17:08:19

Thanks for the tips smile

That is lovely about your DS and DD smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now