Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Only a kid with AS/ASD would say this surely :)

(16 Posts)
Ben10WasTheSpawnNowWeLoveLego Thu 29-Sep-11 12:52:45

Had big op on 16th but am having to be rushed in as complications.

On being told that I was going into hospital, he responded "Yay!!" "Mummy we get to do all of the fun stuff and you don't"

hmm and he doesn't have a dx......................yet

Chundle Thu 29-Sep-11 14:01:10

Oh no ben10 sorry to hear your having problems! That's exactly the sort of thing my dd1 says!! She only has a dx of ADHD but I reckon there is a bit of AS about her....
Hope you're better soon x

lisad123 Thu 29-Sep-11 16:52:13

Oh no so all that planning out the window sad hope your ok.

brandy77 Thu 29-Sep-11 19:50:17

oh sorry to hear youve got rushed in ben10. as your sons comment, sounds just like my ASD son, i was worried about his teenage brother not coming home the other night and he said "oh well hes probably dead somewhere, never mind" shock

Ben10WasTheSpawnNowWeLoveLego Thu 29-Sep-11 20:22:02

Hi All

I am sitting in the Cromwell Hospital in Lodnon which is sooooooooo swanky. Just had a delicious 3 course meal and I have Molton Brown toiletries. Thank goodness I still have my private insurance from work grin Surgery tomorrow evening so I won't be feeling quite so chilled out then.

DS is completely happy at nanny's (she lives in SW London where we used to live) as he gets to miss two days at school, Mummy has to goto hospital and do the boring stuff and he gets to share a bed with Daddy. As usual he won't speak to me on the phone. I am happy in a way that he can't empathise as he doesn't get upset by this sort of stuff, however it does show give me yet more ammo for the MDA.

Lisa, he didn't ever look at the beautiful social story you helped me write. He refused sad

Ben10WasTheSpawnNowWeLoveLego Thu 29-Sep-11 20:22:29

Brandy sad

beautifulgirls Thu 29-Sep-11 20:57:31

Hope you feel better soon Ben10 and it all goes well. Yeah, sounds like the way DD would speak about things. Our cat had to be put to sleep so I sat the girls down to explain. DD#2 (NT age5) bursts into tears as would expect, DD#1 (possible AS/HFA 7yrs) calmly asks where we will get another cat from and that was the sole extent of her "concern" about him.

sazale Thu 29-Sep-11 21:52:35

My 12 year old DD (no diagnosis yet) keeps asking me if I'll leave her the house in my will amongst other items! Hope your hospital stay goes well x

Grey24 Thu 29-Sep-11 22:35:25

BeautifulGirls - your DD1's comment made me laugh... This, I guess is what I have to look forward to, as my DD (age2) is about to be diagnosed ASD. So quite an educative comment about your poor cat...

Ben10 Good luck & enjoy the lovely toiletries...

Ben10WasTheSpawnNowWeLoveLego Tue 04-Oct-11 18:57:52

I know iabu but am so shocked at my ds's most recent utterance. I got home today after an incredibly traumatic 5 days in hospital. Dh made the mistake of saying there was a nice surprise upstairs ie me. I heard ds race upstairs giggling and laughing. He saw me and then said where's my surprise? No reaction to me. Just wanted a surprise. I was distraught which I should not have been given that I know his issues but it was just all in my face all at once. His lack of emotions when I an at my most emotional.

elliejjtiny Tue 04-Oct-11 22:11:47

Hope you feel better soon ben10. My ds1 said something similar last year. We have a rule in our house that if someone has to have something horrible done in hospital (eg blood test) then we go and buy cake in tesco and that person gets to choose which kind. When I went for my pregnancy blood test the nurse got the needle out and ds1 said "oh good, we get doughnuts later".

lisad123 Tue 04-Oct-11 22:19:32

oh no poor you, it hot home this week for us too. I was very upset as a friend died last week, and my girls didnt bat an eyelid and looked like i was mad. When dh told them they just kinda shugged sad
how you feeling?

Ben10WasTheSpawnNowWeLoveLego Wed 05-Oct-11 01:42:01

Feeling a bit better now as I can breathe as the 2.5 litres of cloud have been taken out of ny lung cavity! Full o hospital experience with intensive care the lot. Now my pain is under control after the journey and having had a few hours sleep, I can see his behaviour in a less emotional way. I knew from the first time coming back when all he wanted to talk about was his new toy rather than hello mummy. However I think deep down as I had been so scared and so had every one else around me, I expected something that I shouldn't from him I'm never going to get him running into my arms telling me he has missed me. If his needs are meet, he doesn't miss me. His brain doesn't work that way. As much as I want it to.

Sorry for your loss Lisa

purplemurple Wed 05-Oct-11 11:22:53

Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better smile

My ds 7 often say's similar stuff....Yesterday he said, You know on cartoons when someone gets fired they sometimes throw them in a pit, do they do that in RL, (me)No minimurple, (ds) it would be funny though.

Another time we were talking about when he grows up, he said he is staying at home and he can do whatever he wants in peace & quiet, I said what about daddy and I, he replied that he was putting us in a retirement home.

justaboutstillhere Wed 05-Oct-11 11:25:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GossipWitch Wed 05-Oct-11 21:37:33

Oh ben10, what a horrid time you've had i do hope you recover well.

My ds2 got rushed to hospital after not waking up for me with tonsilitus, the first thing ds1 came out with when the ambulance arrived was"clear the gangway the ambulances are here" and the next equally productive thing he said was "ooohhh can you put the light's on, but not the sirens they're too loud!". There was no mention about his precious younger brother, or how poorly he could be...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now