Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

New school update thread

(9 Posts)
WinterIsComing Wed 28-Sep-11 20:03:42

DS started his SS almost four weeks ago and is coping with the bus journey. Not eating so I've have to send in bizarre food combinations a packed lunch.

He often comes home wearing P.E kit or his spare clothes and is obviously enjoying the sand and water play. I've already thrown out two polo-shirts which were beyond redemption although I was tempted to enter them for the Turner Prize hmm

He is, as usual, going hell-for-leather at everything despite still not sleeping through the night so the school have very kindly arranged transport to get him home early two days a week. The bus journey adds five hours to the week though and DD at the same age wasn't even attending full-time until after Christmas so I'm happy with that.

How are your DC getting on?

lacornsillk Wed 28-Sep-11 20:04:32

ds has been to the school every day <falls to the floor and gives thanks>

WinterIsComing Wed 28-Sep-11 20:35:42

Wonderful! Well done Master lacornsillk smile

brandy77 Wed 28-Sep-11 21:10:53

my ds started year 2 at his new SS after being out of mainstream for 9 months. Hes soooo happy there! Cant believe i have a child that is willing to put his uniform on and tells me he loves school rather than hates it and doesnt want to kill the teachers and knock the building down! He came home soaked through today smile , he met me in the reception and asked if i noticed anything different about his clothes, i said no and he cracked up laughing and said his clothes were soaked, literally whole body soaked, even his shoes grin, oh and not forgetting the sand in the soaking wet shoes, we drove home with him in his pants! Think he will have to go in wearing trainers tomorow, just makes me realise even more how bad mainstream was for him

devientenigma Wed 28-Sep-11 21:15:02

Glad everything is going great!!!

Hope we get a turnaround at some stage.

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Wed 28-Sep-11 21:19:04

dd3 is loving her new ss, she's coming home so much happier than at her old ms, it's made the world of difference. She's getting very tired, it's a long day with over an hours travelling on each end of the day but the difference already . . . I've had contact with all her new therapists and support teachers and they've a big assessment planned where they will actually all sit down together in the same room at the same time shock I've heard of these strange happenings but didn't believe they were real grin

pleased to hear it's going well for you both smile

RinkyDinkyDoo Wed 28-Sep-11 22:14:28

DS is 4, dx asd and started at an assessment unit linked to an autisitc ss just 4 weeks ago. He waits for his 'red bus' each morning and comes homes happy at the end of each day.
We have a home school diary,as he can't tell us what has happened each day,but so far he's earned star of the day and today won kindest pupil of the day.
we're thrilled as he's joining in with activities and is speaking (limited language) to the adults there
he's happy,we're happy

WinterIsComing Wed 28-Sep-11 22:27:18

Oh that's nice to hear smile

tryingtokeepintune Wed 28-Sep-11 23:34:17

Ds has just started at an asd unit this term and seems happy. He gets into the taxi willingly etc. The other day when he was coughing, I suggested that he stayed home and he shouted, 'Nooooo.' He looks forward to the activities and talks about them etc.

Hope this continues.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now