Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Irony is.....

(15 Posts)
insanityscratching Wed 28-Sep-11 11:13:32

Your Parent Partnership advisor (who did her best but had no clout) phoning to ask for your solicitor's details so that she can get legal advice about her own child's statement.

IndigoBell Wed 28-Sep-11 11:21:54

sad

insanityscratching Wed 28-Sep-11 11:25:23

It's an appalling indictment on our LEA that even the people they employ to support other parents cannot get the LEA to behave reasonably with regards to their own child even with all the resources and knowledge they have open to them.

rebl Wed 28-Sep-11 12:08:01

That is not good sad.

StarlightMcKenzie Wed 28-Sep-11 13:07:03

insanity Must be hormonal already but your OP made me cry!

latedeveloper Wed 28-Sep-11 13:43:21

That just about sums it all up for me.

shock

bochead Wed 28-Sep-11 14:33:48

At least your lea is consistent in it's equal opportunities policy and cannot be accused of nepotism ; )

All children are failed equally lol!

insanityscratching Wed 28-Sep-11 14:40:12

bochead grin

justaboutstillhere Wed 28-Sep-11 14:55:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

insanityscratching Wed 28-Sep-11 15:03:00

Justabout...I have been thinking the same thing the £50,000 plus to put ds in the school will come off someone else somewhere won't it? sad I just try not to think about it because you can send yourself mad considering implications for others.

Minx179 Wed 28-Sep-11 17:08:11

That's awful

Agnesdipesto Wed 28-Sep-11 18:46:19

Ah yes our LA are very insistent on equity of provision for all- by which they mean equally shit.

StarlightMcKenzie Wed 28-Sep-11 18:50:47

I agree. I doubt that if the Autism Advisory Teacher her very self had a child with ASD, they would be treated any better in my LA.

In mY LA it is all about setting a benchmark. No-one to get anything worthwhile so no-one can expect anything worthwhile.

StarlightMcKenzie Wed 28-Sep-11 18:52:02

Will your PP person become a better PP person for this? Or will she have to resign due to conflict of interest?

Will she be able to say to parents 'well, you probably need a solicitor, because even with what I know this LA is evil?'

insanityscratching Wed 28-Sep-11 19:09:47

She resigned Star a conflict of interests. Have had a chat with her today it seems that both she and I have been assigned an arse as our Education Officer (specially reserved for the ones that fight it seems)
She did the same fight as I have done two years ago to get her ds into an independent special school post 16 (he has ASD) and now she is going to fight again because they are biding their time to let the statement run out rather than sort residential college provision.
We are going to share experiences so that it will benefit us both and she has the solicitor's contact details wink
Star my autism outreach person has a daughter with AS, it doesn't make her any more effective or knowledgeable in her case unfortunately.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now