Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Who can arrange a referral to EP?

(4 Posts)
lifesamerrygoround Tue 27-Sep-11 13:42:23

Hi all,
Does anyone know if a child development paed can refer child to an educational phycologist? Or any other professionals? (Hes on everyones list [cringe]
Looks like we will be looking over a year for school to refer due to bloody funding!
Would pay for it myself if I had to. Not sure how useful it would be to sons education? Would prefer to put it towards 1:1 or therapy if poss.

Thanks smile

(DS is 6. Has DCD. Suspect Dyslexia)

IndigoBell Tue 27-Sep-11 14:07:12

The paed refers to the EP - but it's still the school who provides it, so it may or may not jump you up the list sad

(ie the paed writes to the school and asks them to get the EP to see your DS)

(Unless things are different where you live smile )

devientenigma Tue 27-Sep-11 14:31:24

I have refered to the ed psycs myself and also arranged for them to do work for us in the past without any other prof requesting them. However DS is in the system so to speak and although not heavily connected to the team he is known to them.

lifesamerrygoround Tue 27-Sep-11 19:35:10

Thanks Guys. Im really hoping Paed can refer for me. Fingers crossed. Will see her end of next month. Seems a lifetime away....
Not sure if an EP assessement would help much from what I hear, but hey as they say "every little helps"

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: