Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Dd3 got ASD Dx today!!

(9 Posts)
Ineedalife Mon 26-Sep-11 19:36:13

Hi all, for those of you who know my story we began the assessments/referrals 3.5 years ago and today the psyciatrist Dxed her with ASD. She said that Dd3 met most of the criteria for Atypical Autism but due to the fact that hardly anyone knows anything about this type of autism she was going to give her an ASD dx.

Feel relieved, vindicated, sad and happy all at the same time.

We have been offered sessions at CAMHS with the mental health nurse to discuss where we go from here.

Just wanted to tell you all.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Mon 26-Sep-11 19:57:17

Hmm, not exactly good news, but helpful news at least. Have lots of hugs and wine and concentrate on the positives. She's still exactly the same lovely DD3 she was this morning but now you have even more ammunition to help her and more to research. School is already working well, at least. Allow yourself some time to be upset, though, if you need it. smile

ArthurPewty Mon 26-Sep-11 20:13:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ArthurPewty Mon 26-Sep-11 20:13:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Marne Mon 26-Sep-11 20:21:07

<<hugs>> its not easy getting a dx even if you are expecting it sad, hope CAMHS can be of some help and now your dd will get the help she needs. Dd2 was diagnosed 2 years ago, CAMHS have been good and dd2 has improved a lot in most area's.

StarlightMcKenzie Mon 26-Sep-11 20:26:20

Hiya. Sorry to hear the news, but hope it can bring you some clarity and a path forward, not to mention being taken seriously and properly supported.

Ineedalife Mon 26-Sep-11 20:33:27

Thanx folks, its funny isn't it how after having to fight so hard to get Dd3's issues taken seriously I am now left wondering what we do next.

She is still my lovely little girl[9 today] and now I know for sure that she has ASD we can move forward as a family and deal with some of the issues that cause problems for us as a family.

The psychiatrist assured us that she wouldn't have Dxed her unless she was certain and that she thought a Dx would be of benenfit to Dd3 to help her to reach her potential.

Her Teacher spoke to the psych and told her some really valuable stuff about Dd3 at school, I have thanked her already, in one term she learned more about Dd3 than the old school learned in 3 yearsshock. She is teaching Dd3 again this year for part of every day so things are looking good.

Am making an appointment with the SENCO tomorrow.

Heres to the future for the needalife familysmilesad.

bialystockandbloom Mon 26-Sep-11 21:07:56

Yes a potent mixture of emotions, isn't it. Have a big wine

Now you finally know for sure where her difficulties stem from, you will be all the better informed to help her, and in the long term will all be happier.

Lots of (())s for now though.

lisad123 Mon 26-Sep-11 23:08:03

im glad you finally got an answer, but do take care fo yourself too x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now