Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

APD dx today, EP and SLT reports!

(2 Posts)
Ben10WasTheSpawnNowWeLoveLego Mon 26-Sep-11 18:15:09

Dolfrog, you suggested this a long time ago and DS went for a hearing test today as I wanted him to get ear plugs for the playground. My parents took him and came back with this dx!

We also got the SLT report back today. DS was 6.2 yrs at time of assessment.

Sentence structure: CELF P2 Score 7 Low average
Basic concepts: CELF P2 Raw score 18 Below criterion Average
Concepts and following directions CELF P2 Score 7 Low average
Expressive volcabulary CELF P2 Score 9 Average
RAPT: Information Age equivalent 4 yrs 6-11 months Mild delay
RAPT: Grammar Age equiv 6 years 0-5 months Age appropriate

I'm guessing that the APD and SLT delay are probably linked?

EP report basically said that we were parents who want there to be something with our child hmm but basically he was above average apart from pattern construction (visual spatial) but due to his attititude hmm depressed the scores. My favourite bit out of the whole useless report was "when asked what his three wishes would be in terms of changes in his life he wished that my car would be a monster truck, that he could visit Mars and that I could be a sweet maker gringringringringrin

Just got the MDA to come now. I cant believe how much paperwork I have and still haven't got to an ASD dx or not!

dolfrog Mon 26-Sep-11 21:26:18

Ben10WasTheSpawnNowWeLoveLego...........

Just making room for the next addition tot you name lol.

you might find the Ideas to be Considered Prior to Creating an IEP for an APD (the multi - coloured fonts and extra spacing is an APD coping strategy). You might also find this Auditory Processing Disorders: An Update for Speech-Language Pathologists and American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) of interest.

And may be my first real APD web page (I think most of the links still work lol)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now