Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Moondog recommending a VERY exciting event and opportunity

(19 Posts)
moondog Wed 21-Sep-11 20:00:58

TAGteach will be doing a workshop in Leyland in March on how to use TAG to teach and reinforce people to learn new skills.

The trainers are FANTASTIC and really know their stuff.
This is such a rare occurence to have such an opportunity and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

I don't work for TAGteach by the way.
I consider it one of the most useful things you could do if you have a child who finds it difficult to learn adn retain the skills you want him to have to lead a full and independent life.

cornsillx Wed 21-Sep-11 20:12:16

can you give some more info on what it is moondog?

moondog Wed 21-Sep-11 20:17:33

Its basically learning how to use an acoustic marker to signal to the person learning something (who can be of any age and any cognitive ability) that they have done what it is you want them to do and done it correctly.

Eliminates the nagging and the frustration and the losing of tempers nad battles of wills you often get when trying to do this using verbal instuction.

Have a sniff around the website for more info and some great video.
Youtube too has some good TAG demos.

smile

MangoMonster Wed 21-Sep-11 20:27:11

Will take a look, thanks.

coff33pot Wed 21-Sep-11 20:28:02

Thanks for the info. I shall have a scout around! smile

StarlightMcKenzie Wed 21-Sep-11 20:28:28

Not got into this yet but was going to attempt to use it to teach my ds to swing himself on a swing.

Think it would also come in handy teaching him to undress his top half too.

The problem is me. I get so frustrated when he gets it wrong and the poor lamb ends up in tears saying 'don't shout mummy' and I haven't even realised I have.

Unfortunately though, despite it being pretty poor to attempt it, I am only ever in a position to practice anything I learn on ds, the very person who I should not be practising on. I have learnt though, that despite this, it is the best chance he has, but still.

I would welcome opportunities to increase my chances of accuracy. Thanks.

StarlightMcKenzie Wed 21-Sep-11 20:30:39

Blimey at the price though!

moondog Wed 21-Sep-11 21:19:15

Yes but I promise you it would be worth every penny.

cornsillx Wed 21-Sep-11 21:36:48

would you use this system in your job moondog?

moondog Wed 21-Sep-11 21:57:04

Yes indeed and at home with my own kids-all the time.

anonandlikeit Wed 21-Sep-11 22:01:38

Moondog, have you ever been to the SEN tes exhibition in London. Just wondered if its worth a look. The next one is mid October.

moondog Wed 21-Sep-11 22:04:08

No I haven't but it would be worth a look if you are near I am sure.
Don't you have to pay?

anonandlikeit Wed 21-Sep-11 22:06:39

I think its only £12. Think i might book myself a ticket.

moondog Wed 21-Sep-11 22:07:05

I'd go then.

mariamagdalena Thu 22-Sep-11 23:18:07

Moondog, have you ever used it on adults eg students or if teaching other professionals?

moondog Thu 22-Sep-11 23:24:14

Used what?
That technique or the AK books? smile

moondog Thu 22-Sep-11 23:24:52

Sorry, wrong thread!

Yes, you can use it on anyone and anyone can use it.

mariamagdalena Thu 22-Sep-11 23:35:15

Moondog, have you ever used it on adults eg students or if teaching other professionals?

chimphead Sat 24-Sep-11 16:37:58

Just had a look at the videos. It looks like an extremely interesting strategy.Where can you get those taggers/ clickers from. I am desperate to cut DS toenails and was wondering if I could try this method.(all else has failed)
Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now