Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

deletion of chromosome 22 and jabs ?

(6 Posts)
spiritsam Wed 21-Sep-11 12:24:37

Hi all i have read somewhere that boosters and jabs have to be checked up on after they have been givien when a child has deletion of 22 . Anyone know if this is correct please ? My DD is 3 yrs 4 months and due her booster x

countydurhamlass Wed 21-Sep-11 20:12:29

does she have an immunologist? what is her immune system like? my son has 22q11 and his immunologist gave him the all clear to have them although we decided not to give the MMR.

spiritsam Wed 21-Sep-11 21:11:29

Hi County thanks for the reply . She has not seen the Geneticist yet this has only recently come up , so not sure if she will see Immunolist after ?

countydurhamlass Wed 21-Sep-11 21:22:24

my ds was eight months old when he was diagnosed and had already had his initial injections. when we met with the immunologist he did a full blood check to see how his body had coped. the injections to be wary of are those that are classed as "Live", as it was so long ago i would check which ones are. there are many deletions on the 22 chromosome and i am not sure about any others? what are they suggesting with your dd?

spiritsam Wed 21-Sep-11 21:32:21

Paed gave me news just that the deletion of 22 had come up on bloods and was referring she did not know much about it . All she mentioned was it was consistent with being a carrier of x-linked ichthyosis , inattention , concentration and development delay . Just had the booster reminder today . I think i will ring Paed in morning and get her to contact Geneticist about it before i speak to local surgery as don't think they will have a clue ! It's another in a long line of appointments so i think i will get some info . Thanks for your input x

countydurhamlass Wed 21-Sep-11 21:53:31

good luck, x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now