Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

so stressed i want to scream!!!!

(5 Posts)
davidsotherhalf Tue 20-Sep-11 09:10:02

dd is in a residential college 200 miles away.....we went to visit her on sunday, we told staff we was taking her out for about 2 1/2 hrs and what time we would get her back, dd has a support worker 10 till 10 weekends, 4 till 10 weeknights, when we got dd back we got told they had sent support worker home, so no support worker for sunday, this stressed dd out and she went into meltdown, she arrived at college yesterday morning and was told you can't have your regular 1-1 we have given you a different one (only 1-1 daughter hates) dd went into meltdown yet again, she ran off leaving her coat in class, when she went to get her coat her purse was missing out of her pocket, (i tried to cancel bank card and order her a new one but bank says dd has to do this herself) college won't let her go into the bank, dd isn't able to cope with phonecalls to strangers, dd got back to the house at 4 thinking about the chinese her support worker was taking her out for, no support worker, dd asked staff what she could do now as she was hungry and hadn't eaten all day due to meltdowns in college, dd was told well if your support worker hasn't turned up it's tough, you can't go out without support and we haven't got any food in that you will eat, thats why you was going out to the chinese, they know dd can't cope with change, i feel so useless being so far away and can't do anything to help dd..... sorry just needed to rant

IndigoBell Tue 20-Sep-11 09:41:02

sad

Sounds really terrible.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Tue 20-Sep-11 15:42:14

Bloody hell, what a horrible weekend. Are they usually better than this? 200 miles seems a long way away. sad

coff33pot Tue 20-Sep-11 16:14:37

Hell your poor dd!! Have you spoken to the support worker or the organiser? pretty bad organising to leave a girl on her own and starving! Dont they have a back up if support fails to turn up? I am mad for you now angry

davidsotherhalf Tue 20-Sep-11 17:38:46

spoken to house staff, because support worker didn't phone in to say she wasn't coming in to work it was too late to get someone else to work. i'm so angry with the college situation because dd had to go for a weeks assessment a while ago, they tried her with 3 different 1-1 workers, dd just hated one of them and made her feelings clear, yesterday they sprung this 1-1 on dd and told her thats your 1-1 now we swapped your normal one because nobody can get on with this one, in dds words she is arrogant, abrupt, rude and just a total as*** , as for dd bank card they can't take her to the bank to cancel card as it's down to support worker to take dd out, bank is closed by the time dd finishes college and the support worker takes over, bank isn't open weekends,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now