Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Ed psyc, home visit, Re school refusal and re assessment of statement

(4 Posts)
devientenigma Mon 19-Sep-11 22:36:20

advice welcome. TIA.

devientenigma Tue 20-Sep-11 11:21:06

anything will do really!! Little tips or something.

NormalServiceWillResumeShortly Tue 20-Sep-11 11:36:15

what kind of things do you want to know?

what are your aims for the meeting - do you want a step by step plan for school reintegration?
is the Ed Psych going to back your request for reassessment?
do you want the EP to suggest ways to overcome school refusal? or do you want a different approach suggested (new school, or home ed, for example)?

brandy77 Tue 20-Sep-11 21:50:43

I had a fantastic EP, who got involved after my son had been turned down for SA and had been school refusing in mainstream for 4 months due to his anxieties (ASD) and schools lack of support/understanding. The EP did a home visit and saw my son (age 6) expressing his true self, she was fantastic, listened to my concerns, agreed that my sons needs needed to be assessed and she got the SA sorted,leading to a statement and recommended the local special school which he started 2.5 weeks ago and hes now attending full days after she had it written in the statement that he needed a gradual reintroduction after 9 months off school, he is very happy. Still explosive when he returns home BUT i dont have the daily battles that I had in the mornings to get him to attend mainstream. Looking back I wish i had never attempted mainstream with him as it damaged him so much. This probably wont help,lol, as ive only told you my circumstances and the happy ending smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now