Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

A blip......... but sorted I think

(4 Posts)
insanityscatching Mon 19-Sep-11 19:35:16

n Friday when I picked dd up from after school club she was obviously upset. The staff assured me she was just tired but I took her to one side and asked her myself.

Apparently two boys had thrown cushions and bricks at dd and her friend.

I questioned the TA who again said the boys were excitable and it wasn't malicious and dd was tired.

Anyway I happen to believe that whatever the reason unacceptable behaviour should be addressed and the TA had a duty of care to dd so wrote an email to the headteacher telling him so (he takes them well I have to say wink).

I had an email today thanking me for alerting him to the issue and reassuring me that he had spoken to the boys making it very clear what is acceptable and to the staff to address my complaint.

He'd like to speak with dd and myself when dd is back at school to reassure us that dd will not experience anything like that again and the TA would like to apologise.

It's reassuring to know that if there is a problem it is sorted quickly and efficiently at least grin.

MangoMonster Mon 19-Sep-11 19:40:32

That sounds like a good head teacher smile

keepingupwiththejoneses Mon 19-Sep-11 19:43:35

That sounds like a good head teacher grin

coff33pot Mon 19-Sep-11 20:09:42

Quick response good HT!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now