Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Present ideas...

(4 Posts)
purplepidjinawoollytangle Mon 19-Sep-11 15:36:49

... for a 6yo girl with ASD please!

It's my biennial hair-pulling time as I strive to find a present for DNiece which is

1) Chew proof (ish) (she likes electrical cables at the moment!)
2) Age appropriate
3) Won't drive DSIL up the wall because it makes a noise hmm

Lots of suggestions welcome, please, so I don't have to go through the whole palaver at Christmas!!!

I found a Tangle Toy in my local toy shop which we think she'll like (DP was very impressed when I showed up with that this morning, DSIL is his sister and I've only known DNiece 18 months <smug>) and I'm making her a couple of dresses because she also chews clothes and DSIL is constantly replacing things...

Thank you!

silverfrog Mon 19-Sep-11 16:49:36

have you looked through this site?

it has all sorts of stuff, from sensory to educational - stocking fillers to big presents...

hth

shazian Mon 19-Sep-11 16:56:07

Hi try special needs toys.com OR sensory toy warehouse, also ebay special needs toys. This is where i get lots of things from stocking fillers to big presents. The prices can be reasonable. My ds cant play games consoles, has little concentration, cant ride a bike or skates or anything. Although he is 10 he is pretty much a baby so i appreciate it is extremely difficult to get presents, im already trying for xmas. He does like sensory things plays with lots of silk scrves and ribbons would be happy with a cardboard box. Hope you get what your after.

purplepidjinawoollytangle Mon 19-Sep-11 19:07:19

shazian, that sounds like the level DN is at. She basically only likes inanimate objects so she can put them in her mouth. DP and I have just looked through those websites and rejected pretty much everything - she'll destroy it within minutes sad

We'll probably mostly get her clothes - she does like her pink and purple grin and a few little bits on the side. Plus spending lots of time with her - she likes a nice strong bear hug!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now