Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Kate Winslet and autism

(6 Posts)
appropriatelytrained Mon 19-Sep-11 14:49:39

Someone sent me a link to this site today http://www.goldenhatfoundation.org/resources/research

Kate Winslet has set up a foundation and there are some interesting research links on it.

Good for her!

sickofsocalledexperts Mon 19-Sep-11 16:02:17

That is good, wonder what her link is with autism?

keepingupwiththejoneses Mon 19-Sep-11 16:17:44

I found this seems she doesn't have any direct connection but narrating a documentary made her want to do it.

appropriatelytrained Mon 19-Sep-11 16:32:01

Yes, that's how it appeared to me too. She narrated the documentary and was obviously inspired/moved by the story into action. I think the mum in the documentary is connected to it too.

I thought it was refreshing to see links to genuine research rather than the standard, generic list of traits etc.

I also thought that the focus on unlocking the intellectual capability hidden behind the communication difficulties was a powerful focus as it is what many of us are trying to do here too - trying to stop our children being written off because of their difficulties.

In a world when it is so much easier to do nothing at all, I was impressed to see this.

amberlight Mon 19-Sep-11 16:37:38

Hurrah for Kate! Good site, too.

oodlesofdoodles Mon 19-Sep-11 21:49:38

Thanks for sharing this link - there's a really interesting paper on there about language and fine motor skills.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now