Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

A small 'way-hey'

(5 Posts)

I am a long time lurker, and very occasional poster, who has gained a lot of knowledge and insight from this board. today I have had a fantastic bit of news, I just need to share with someone.

A year, almost to the day, after doing the CAF, ds (9) finally started getting assessed for Aspergers/HFA today. We were visited at home and I went through all my current concerns about him, he wandered in and out of the room and had input, although very little discussion actually took place around him. And before leaving I was told that with the observations and reports I had to hand, as well as his behaviour today, he hits at least most of the criteria for a dx. Next the report from today gets typed and we have more in-depth assessments of him, but she sees no reason why he will not get a dx, and further support smile smile

Bit of background, I moved him school at 7, after his then SENCo all but called him lazy, he was dxd with DCD 6 months later (2 yrs ago in October), and as he has become older, and since he has had some OT, his social difficulties have become more and more noticeable, hence the CAF last year which started the process of hopefully getting the dx. I have been told repeatedly by my family that he is just a normal little boy and there is nothing wrong with him, all boys need routine and to be able to run off energy, in fact my mum on Monday reckoned I had Munchausens, and she wasn't fully joking when she said it. To hear today that it isn't just me has been fantastic.

Claw3 Fri 16-Sep-11 23:30:12

Good news for you, finally having your doubts confirmed, it was a relief for me too, a sad kind of relief, but still relief smile hopefully it will support you in getting your ds the help he needs. Good luck too.

MangoMonster Sat 17-Sep-11 12:33:31

Good news smile

coff33pot Sat 17-Sep-11 13:54:07

Good news. Its good when you feel that finally someone is listening and taking it seriously smile

Good luck for the future smile

LeninGrad Sat 17-Sep-11 16:47:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now