Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Another bloody report

(11 Posts)
frizzcat Fri 16-Sep-11 22:43:19

ds has just had all the reports done for statement, his been given an interim of 19hrs so I'm confident will get something. The reports though, really drag you down and tbh all the professionals have warned me that they have shown ds in the worst possible light but I after reading them I feel like he should be committed or something - I feel emotionally drained. Ds has just had second week at school yr2 and he is really working hard - but just feel a bit hopeless tonight. Ds issues are asd specifically social communication - what's going to become of him??

MangoMonster Fri 16-Sep-11 22:47:11

I can imagine that reading it all in black and white has thrown you. It's always hard, feels like being hit by a train. Hope that you can feel more hopeful in the morning.

coff33pot Fri 16-Sep-11 23:39:52

awww frizzcat sending you virtual hugs

I am at that same point myself with reports coming through the letterbox every other day at the mo and it doesnt half churn you up inside. Expecting the final one next week (EP) and have already been warned it isnt going to make good reading....

I just keep looking at DS and telling myself ok so I am reading all this stuff BUT I can handle it, he is still my lovely boy regardless of what I see on paper.

Hope you feel a bit more brighter tomorrow x

frizzcat Sat 17-Sep-11 01:52:04

Cheers lovelies - its just hard knowing that they are actually lying to ensure he keeps the 121
Inbox me coff if you want to sound off about your reports

StarlightMcKenzie Sat 17-Sep-11 08:40:31

Use those reports as a baseline, not a prognosis.

You know where he is now, so plan where you want him to be, and use the support that is coming to get him there.

StarlightMcKenzie Sat 17-Sep-11 08:41:32

They;re lying? Are you sure?

StarlightMcKenzie Sat 17-Sep-11 08:43:00

Actually, scrap that. They said some rubbish about my ds too, and they still stand by it. They say that there are things he can't do which I know he can, but the difference is they truly do believe he can't do them because he won't demonstrate anything for them, and if you'd met them you'd understand why.

coff33pot Sat 17-Sep-11 12:43:01

Thanks Frizz for the offer of an inbox rant! dont think there is a box big enough grin but I will bear it in mind and the same offer goes to you too smile

Star I can understand the lying bit. I got the school self diagnosing its PDA on the basis of one discussion on the phone with a SS teach advisor who never saw ds! because he plainly wont do as he is told. This is not true because when he is 1 to 1 and in quiet place to do his work he is totally amicable and work gets done. Its like banging your head on a brick wall sometimes.

frizzcat Sat 17-Sep-11 21:26:10

Oh yes, I have this all the time. They say he us hyperlexic which means he reads bur doesn't understand the context- yet ds reads with expression and answers all my questions and his 121. They say that he always has melt downs and that's not true either. The say he doesn't listen and yet hr completes the task set by the teacher - I could go on but im sure it's all very familiar to you - best one was they said he held his pencil funny and sent ot. The therapist spent over an hour testing him and got so annoyed because he was more independent that nt dc and she said there was nothing wrong with his grip or writing - I however got a ticket for my trouble as my ticket ran out

coff33pot Sat 17-Sep-11 22:20:05

They have put in a report before that ds has come in to school difficult and agressive. I went bananas at the teacher as he has never been walked into school in that manner. If he was out of sorts in the early days before I researched strategies I just wouldnt take him in till he was calm enough to walk there. I just dont know why they cant just stick to fact and not elaborate fiction. I swear my hair is starting to go grey only because of the stress waves shaking the roots! grin

frizzcat Sat 17-Sep-11 22:28:22

Yeah I dyed mine last night

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now