Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Is this common with DLA

(2 Posts)
Lhasa Fri 16-Sep-11 10:49:32

I have received an awards notice for my son when he is 5 he will receive LRM I have never filled the mobility form and so found it quite strange. At a meeting with special schools family adviser we were discussing what help I was getting and I mentioned DLA and she told me my son would be entitled to HRM. As it happens I would not want to claim, I make my son walk everywhere as I live local to everything I need, no younger children to worry about and a car but the DLA would not know this and my DS with a different parent in different circumstances would need a lot more help( a five minute walk can turn into 30 but I have no school runs etc) I just wonder are they being nice and awarding as they can see through the care forms he will be entitled or is this to try and stop people from claiming HRM.

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Fri 16-Sep-11 11:09:23

There's only one form, there's not a seperate mobility form so you've already completed the mobility bit. Mobility isn't just about your ability to physically walk, far from it, it's also about being safe and awareness of danger etc. If you think you should get hrm you can ask for a reconsideration.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now