Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Where to go from here?

(3 Posts)
Luluandthebrood Thu 15-Sep-11 19:40:31

My daughter is doubly incontinent and has been since a tumour was removed 6 years ago. She's now nearly 15 and so far has coped alright-ish. Our community team has made the decision that she needs better protecting, which I agree. She's been in pull-ups and still having accidents, leaking. But instead of going back to the consultant and hospitals, they want her to wear Tena Slips? Which are obviously are very bulky and noticeable and require a full on change which she can't really do herself. I've fought this decision with them and the hospital and no-one is listening to me. What do I do?

madwomanintheattic Thu 15-Sep-11 19:59:25

when is her next paed/ consultant appt? is there a reason why you can't ask for an appointment yourself?

what do you think the solution is?

amberlight Fri 16-Sep-11 12:49:25

Have you seen the Age UK incontinence range? e.g. and there's pull up sort too. They're designed for adult use and a bit of discretion. Not sure if that's the slightest use to your daughter and her situation, but worth a thought/comparison?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: