Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Legoland - any tips?

(8 Posts)
cwtch4967 Thu 15-Sep-11 14:25:53

Just received free tickets from Merlins Magic Wand - we are planning to visit next weekend. DS 4 has ASD - any tips from those who have been recently?
I'm more excited than the kids!!

silverfrog Thu 15-Sep-11 14:32:57

take proof of disability (we use dd1's statement) and get a hand stamp at customer sevices on the way in. this enables you to use the exits/disability entrances, and not queue (if your ds can't cope). absolutely brilliant, and has saved many a day for us.

is your ds ok gettig wet? a lot of the rides are water/have water sprayed or squirted etc. can be a nightmare for us with dd2, as she is averse. she had hysterics once on the train ride - the masks on the bridge squirt water. I got it full in the face, as did dd1. dh got the backsplash form us. dd2 got one drop of water on her, had hysterics, and has refused the ride ever since...

how tall is your ds? there is info on the website as to what height you need to be to go on various rides - use it to plan out which rides to go on.

MangoMonster Thu 15-Sep-11 14:34:28

Apparently it's really expensive so maybe take own food and stuff.

silverfrog Thu 15-Sep-11 14:37:08

oh, yeah. don't kno about food as we always take our own (allergies). but it doesn't look great.

take a picnic, and plan to watch on e of the shows while eating it (we head for the covered stage by duploland, where there are pantomime type performances, rahter than the main show - main show too crowded, not any shade, and too loud for the dds.

lisad123 Thu 15-Sep-11 15:41:14

Asked the same a few weeks back, I will link later but can't do links on iPhone. We had a great time grin

Mouseface Thu 15-Sep-11 17:45:31

I've just bought DS this week's In The Night Garden BBC magazine, it has a Legoland pull out and keep page (s) in it.

Maybe worth getting if it will help him to go around the park looking for stuff as well as the rides?

Or, if you like, I'll send you this one, we won't need it, you could PM your name and address? smile

Mouseface Thu 15-Sep-11 17:47:29

blush - forget that offer (unless you don't mind) I have just looked at the pull out and DD has helped DS to fill bits in. Sorry. You should be able to get it still, date is 14th to 27th of September. smile

cwtch4967 Mon 19-Sep-11 15:56:11

Thanks for the offer - we were sent a map with the tickets. Ds can't understand that we will be going there - he lives in the "now"!! I'know he will love it when we get there - thankfully he loves trips in the car.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now