Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

sick off LA

(5 Posts)
babs2011 Wed 14-Sep-11 14:39:40

Moved area 5 month ago since then son as whos ASD and been excluded from new school so at the moment getting a few hours a week lessons from a pupils ref unit , long story ,, im just so sick of them ranting on about support for me as today read a form from CAF stating one of the problems is me not having family or friends and no support...
just like to say i have family and friends i chat to over the internet 24/7 well almost ,lol ! it also said mum (me) as had no support in dealing with a child who as a ASD , well all i can say i deal with him fine thank you as hes my son and no more about hes little ways then them lot put together x
so now im waiting to be contacted by whoever to give me advice lol ! the only reason i agreed as i'm worried if i did'nt they would take that as me being a bad mum sad ..

StarlightMcKenzie Wed 14-Sep-11 16:26:40

Oh, actually you do want them to understand you have no support. They might pull their finger out and help you. Once they agree to help you, you can take the 'help' in cash alternative which you can use to buy resources, babysitters or just someone to come and play with him once in a while.

Has your ds got a dx? Is the PRU support/tutoring working?

babs2011 Wed 14-Sep-11 17:02:36

hi , so far so good he's only had two lesson's he seems to enjoy them . my son is 8 he'll be 9 next month and hes a great lad at home we understand each other , very bright lad and dont have many problems at home its school were he cant cope so yes i hope they pull there finger out and find him a more long term placement in a school who will understand hes needs more then the last one ....
im not much of a sociable person myself and dont want to be in a group or have some one giving me ideas how to manage my son when were just fine.
as new to this site what is a dx ?
thanks for your input smile

StarlightMcKenzie Wed 14-Sep-11 17:05:56

diagnosis.

Are they definately working on a suitable placement?

babs2011 Wed 14-Sep-11 17:33:22

yes he as a diagnosis and hes inclusion officer is great and said could be 3/4 weeks just he's waiting for reports from the psychologist .. to get him a placement which is fine with me as long as it's the right place for my son dont want him pasted pillow to post . to stressful for him smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now