Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DD needs an interest/hobby/obsession. But what?

(2 Posts)
AtYourCervix Sat 10-Sep-11 15:25:08

She is driving me nuts.

13, AS, spends her whole entire life bored and moaning about having nothing to do. She wants to do something 'fun'. she doesn't want to do anything that takes any practice or waiting for results. She has no imagination and doesn't actually like anything.

I sometimes think life might be a bit easier if she had some sort of obsession/fixation type hobby. If she obsessed about bloody train numbers or space or romans then she might be happy/satisfied just doing bloody trains or romans or something. Instead she expects me to entertain her and come up with ideas which she then argues about or decides they are boring or stupid or crap.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGH.

Today is my one day off this week and she has been nagging and whining and swearing since she got up. Nothing is right and everything is wrong. (not helped by back to school angst and stress).

lisad123 Sat 10-Sep-11 16:57:16

We found horse riding and gymnastics. Dd1 is obbessive about writing stories (always re writes of stories she's read) and art.
Dd2 has no obsessions as such but loves to be outside.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now