Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Effing HT - fuming

(9 Posts)
frizzcat Fri 09-Sep-11 10:16:36

so ds (6) attended an after school club fir drama - in school. He loved it and the drama teacher was happy to have him - just found from school secretary in front of other parents that he is barred doing it thus year unless I go - of ds doesnt want me there. So now he can't go! HT said other parents had complained there kids didn't want to go cause he was being silly and crawling about the floor - she very quickly changed this to say it wasn't just ds. So angry as ds loved this club. I'm going to fire a letter to HT and chair of govners asking for an explanation and whether anyone else who mus- behaved as been told they have to attend with dc - what do you think? angry

frizzcat Fri 09-Sep-11 10:17:53

Ps - has done fantastically well - no upsets on first week even when teacher was unexpectedly away and a supply came in

IndigoBell Fri 09-Sep-11 10:20:37

Does he have 1:1 the rest of the time?

If he doesn't normally have 1:1 I don't think she can stop him. (Even if he does normally have 1:1 I'm not sure she can stop him)

Is the club run by a teacher for free? Or run by a 3rd party and charged for?

First of all you need to discuss it with the HT. Make an appt to see her as soon as possible.

If this doesn't resolve it, then make a formal complaint, in writing, to the chair of govs, that your child is being excluded due to his disability. Quote DDA etc.

frizzcat Fri 09-Sep-11 10:52:53

Outside agency - the lady who runs it is actually doing his bday party at the end of the month. He has 121 in class time but not ft and not breaks. Did go straight to HT this morning I had a meeting with her at the end of term last year and was in for meeting yesterday not once did she mention!

frizzcat Fri 09-Sep-11 10:56:05

Oh and I pay for it

IndigoBell Fri 09-Sep-11 10:56:31

Well, if outside agency is happy to have him, I don't think it's up to the HT whether or not your DS attends.

You need to quote the DDA to her and make her realise you're serious. Then she should allow it.

justaboutstillhere Fri 09-Sep-11 11:06:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Agnesdipesto Fri 09-Sep-11 11:07:31

This is a decision for the adult who runs the group not other parents. If she is happy he is safe and so are the other children then tough the other children don't want to go, let them not go, there are plenty of other activities they can do. If the other children had said we don't want to go with that child because he is poor, black, his parents are gay etc the school would not be able to go along with their bigoted attitudes so saying we won't play with your child because he's silly is a problem they should be addressing with the other children / parents eg educate them to make them more understanding and tolerant; not a reason to exclude your child! Why should your child be punished for the fact the other children are being raised as intolerant bigots?

frizzcat Fri 09-Sep-11 11:43:07

Love it agnes going use some of that in my letter

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now