Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Seperation anxiety - really bad drop off at school today, it's getting worse!

(4 Posts)
cwtch4967 Fri 09-Sep-11 09:38:13

DS ( 4 next week) ASD and LD - just started at fab SS this week. Live too close for transport so I take him myself. He hates me leaving him anywhere, he will happily wave bye bye to anyone except me! I can't even shut the bathroom door........... if I go out and he doesn't see me leave there is no problem but he gets hysterical if he sees me go. We've left him with my mum for the weekend with no problems but have to leave while he is distracted.
Monday in school wasn't too bad, but each day it has got worse. Staff are fab, and I'm quite tough and usually cope ok with having him peeled off me but today I cried driving away it was so bad.
He loves school once he has settled and I need the break, anyone got any positive stories for me?

chuckeyegg Fri 09-Sep-11 09:52:06

My DS use to get upset when I left but once gone for a few minutes he settled and he was fine. I think he always hoped I might just take him home but he enjoyed it once there. He use to try and sing the goodbye song as soon as he got there I think for the same reason. smile

Could they video him for you after you leave just so you can see how fast he settles?

cwtch4967 Fri 09-Sep-11 10:16:58

I know he settles ok once he knows I've gone - he just can't deal with seeing me go!

IndigoBell Fri 09-Sep-11 10:22:47

Can you leave by a diff door so that he doesn't see you go?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now