Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

low chromosome 22 ?

(7 Posts)
spiritsam Thu 08-Sep-11 18:15:21

Hi just had Paed on the phone about DD's bloods and her chromosome 22 is low . Anyone know much about this please ? x

dolfrog Thu 08-Sep-11 19:06:56

I have just done a search on one of online medical libraries, Chromosome 21 is one of the smaller chromosomes, but without have the name of the specific gene on chromosome 21 that is causing any concern, it is not possible to define the nature of the possible issues that could be highlighted as a potential problem.

Not much help i know, but you need more detailed information.

spiritsam Thu 08-Sep-11 19:11:25

Hi Dolfrog
Thanks for replying , her Paed said it can explain a.d.h.d , lack of attention , speech problems , learning difficulties and skin problems . She has referred to genetiscist and i may need tests too . Am going to do some research x

kimt83 Thu 08-Sep-11 19:26:09

chromosome 22 deletion can be di george syndrome. have few friends on special kids in the uk forum that have kids with it.

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Thu 08-Sep-11 20:06:23

unique have lots of information leaflets, maybe worth a look.

spiritsam Thu 08-Sep-11 20:33:26

Hi kimt83 thanks will look for that .
Ninja that's great very interesting thanks .
DD had dx of GDD , S and L delay , Sensory issues , Challenging behaviour , possible a.d.h.d dx in future she is also waiting Dermatologist for possible Vitiligo and food clinic for tummy problems . Referred to e.n.t as hearing got worse over 4 onths . Such a worry sad x

SWANUK Mon 03-Oct-11 20:18:02

Hi all, my name is lauren and i am the project coordinator for SWAN UK which is a support project for families with children with undiagnosed genetic conditions / who are going through the process of diagnosis. If you would like to be able to chat to other families in similar situations to you and access information about genetics please do come and find us on facebook under SWANchildrenUK or check out our blog www.swanuk.wordpress.com. You can also contact me directly on SWAN@geneticalliance.org.uk or 0207 7043141.

You can also get accessible information about specific chromosome conditions from UNIQUE, the rare chromosome disorder support group, www.rarechromo.org

Take care and good luck, Lauren

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now