Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

1st day back to school - tender hooks...

(7 Posts)
frizzcat Tue 06-Sep-11 14:14:29

so today was our first day back - ds had made his own transition book at the end of last yr so knew what to expect. As you all know this does not mean a smooth ride. Ds was excited about yr2 because he gets to use the big black stairs that go up the side if the building (only yr2 can use them) EXCEPT if it's raining in which case they use the indoor stairs - woke up this morning and of course it's raining.
We talked about it as he put his uniform on (seems to more or less be able to do his tie!) - but I fully expected tears and drama lamas! Teacher was great she walked into the playground made eye contact with him, smiled and waved him over (without singling him out) - off he went, no tears, no drama and certainly no time to kiss me and reassure me!
All good yeah? You'd think I would jumping and skipping as I tidy up and spend some time with baby dd - but no the lunatic in me is here worrying that he's okay and enjoying the day! Oh and LSA has already texted to say he's doing fine. I need a padded room and possibly some electrodes grin

Chundle Tue 06-Sep-11 14:35:23

Oh bless you! It is worrying isn't it!
My dd started a brand new school yesterday it seems to go well however she came home to the news her bans dog had died and she was devastated as was I a bit upset sad have let the school know today in case her behaviour is a bit shaky! Fingers crossed!

frizzcat Tue 06-Sep-11 14:41:46

Oh chundle how awful for her - hope it doesn't spoil her good start, was she starting secondary?
Do pets help I was thinking of getting a kitten for dc.

frizzcat Tue 06-Sep-11 14:42:27

Ps fingers and toes dutifully crossed

cheekkatb Tue 06-Sep-11 14:51:40

I have to admit that I always phone the school around lunchtime on the first day back, to check on how my ds has settled in. Saves me fretting all day!

frizzcat Tue 06-Sep-11 20:08:10

That's the thing cheek - the LSA had texted to say all was well! I still sat like a lemon worrying...
As it happens ds had a great day - announcing he loves yr2! Remind me of that when I post how he's having a hard time at school. So one day down ......how many more do we have to summer hols? grin
see I told you I need a padded room with an electricity supply

cheekkatb Tue 06-Sep-11 20:58:03

Glad to hear that your ds had a great day, mine did too (yr 4). I too still fret even after a phone call (but not as much). I think I may have to join you in your padded room assuming you don't mind sharing - I am very quiet you will barely notice I am there! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now