Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

omg I wish some of you were closer to help me fight!!

(9 Posts)
devientenigma Tue 06-Sep-11 07:53:37

A lot of you all know what to say and sound really confident in your advice. 10 year down the line we are still struggling and not really getting the right support.

Keep up the good work anyway x

chickensaresafehere Tue 06-Sep-11 08:03:00

You are not on your own smile,though only 4 years in for us,I am still struggling with everything sad and tomorrow(first day at MS school)fills me with dread.For me, the worst is not knowing what the future holds for us all!!

unpa1dcar3r Tue 06-Sep-11 08:08:28

You're not alone Dev, I'm 14 yrs down the line and the support I used to get was so much better than what we get now (different area)...in fact I'm still having long winded meetings about lack of it and getting nowhere fast so far. But I won't give in or give up!
sad

smugtandemfeeder Tue 06-Sep-11 08:37:21

I wish we had some sort of safe way of saying where we all are without risking our anonymity. We might be close to others and not know it. I have no idea where anyone is. Still, MN helps in so many ways with moral support. I wouldn't have survived without it. We struggle daily. We have a CAF meeting next week and the HV is the only person who has accepted the invite.

Marne Tue 06-Sep-11 12:35:17

I'm happy to say where i am (a lot of people already know where i live anyway) although i'm probably not much help as my dd's are only 5 and 7, we have had a lot of fighting to do so far, this week both my dd's are starting a new MS school and i feel we will have a lot of fighting to do in the next few weeks (i'm starting to enjoy fighting, well when i win) grin.

I am in Dorset and i think things are quite good down here compared to other areas but theres still a lot of room for improvement.

WilsonFrickett Tue 06-Sep-11 12:48:35

It's easy to be confident on here though, isn't it? Or at least to sound confident. You know when you leave a meeting and go - I wish I'd said that, I should have done this? One of the reasons I like this forum so much is that you get to do something positive with that, by helping and encouraging others. My RL rarely goes as well as my advice does!

StarlightMcKenzie Tue 06-Sep-11 13:26:35

Blimey dev, It is one thing to advise. A totally different thing to go out there and deliver it unsupported.

We're not all as sure as we sound, but we are determined, as are you.

And you know what, we learn from each other too. Only by making a claim or offering advice with an air of certainty can someone come in with a counter argument, or challenge and as long as you can 'take it' which I think is the real skill lots have on this board, then you learn, and the advice you offer next time is one notch up.

Why don't you try. Find a poster asking about an issue that you know a bit about and post some advice. Do a link and then have someone more experienced than you point out that you got the gist but missed x or y.

That's how I have learned. Believe it or not I have had some quite hard batterings. But all generally well meaning, if blunt.

The more certain you are, the blunter the challenge btw, and the faster the learning.

beautifulgirls Tue 06-Sep-11 14:16:58

Well said Wilson - think we've all thought after the event "I wish I had asked/said/challenged X, Y and Z"

Life in general....learning curve. Life with SEN - steep learning curve and not sure too many have ever reached the top really, though sure many are close too.

Lougle Tue 06-Sep-11 16:15:56

North or south, Dev? smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now