Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Overwhelmed with boisterousness

(3 Posts)
PupandHat Sun 04-Sep-11 19:15:15

I have 3 DSs aged 2.5, 5, and 8. They are happy active children but I am finding it very difficult to handle the boisterousness of three boys. We go out as a family walking, cycling etc keeping them active during the day but when I collapse into a chair and try to sit with them watching tv at end of day they all sit on me and climb on my head (literally) to such an extent I end up having to get up and go back to housework to cope. I hate turning into this grumpy shouting mum by the end of the day but it is so overwhelming, and I know they deserve better. Anyone have all boys and suggestions on how to cope?

sickofsocalledexperts Sun 04-Sep-11 19:30:41

God, you have my sympathy with 3 boys. If you have a garden, a trampoline outside gives fresh air and exercise without you having to get involved! Or you can get mini inside ones. I know exactly what you mean about that evening bone-weariness and being sick and tired of being sat on, talked at, jumped on. By 9 I just want to sit - in silence - in front of the TV and drink wine and smoke fags.

auntevil Mon 05-Sep-11 10:08:57

I'm with sickofsocalledexperts! I have 3 boys, 4, 6 and 8. Itoo want to collapse at the end of the day and veg.
We have a garden, trampoline - they get plenty of fresh air, walking dog, cycling etc but get totally OTT by the evening. Not helped by the eldest with dyspraxia, not knowing his own strength (can knock me flying) and being in everyone's face for the whole day, draping over them like a jumper!
Only words of comfort i can find are wii, nintendo and playstation. I have found that sometimes , in the evening in particular, that as they get older - and their skills improve, and get more into playing computer type games, they become less reliant rough housing and more self contained and better at playing together/along side each other.
If your boys are fit and active in the day, don't feel bad for using computers as a calming tool. If they need more energy burnt off - wii sports are fun, and they can't climb over you if they've got the nunchuk in their hand playing! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now