Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Disneyland Paris, have you been, and a question?

(18 Posts)
5inthebed Sat 03-Sep-11 17:00:35

We are going in November, and looking at their website, for an exit pass I need one of the following:

disability card, war disability card, disabled person's priority card (or a difficulty standing card, as it was previously known), European disabled parking badge, or a medical certificate

Now, I have his disabled persons bus pass, and I can get his paed to write a letter stating what he has and that he needs someone with him on the rides, would that class as a medical certificate?

TIA.

LunarRose Sat 03-Sep-11 18:16:57

Hello, it me from the other themepark thread.

yes that sounds fine. they accepted a the diagnosis letter in my case, they're really just looking for legitimate documentation as why DC can't queue. If in doubt give them a ring. they were really helpful and knowledgeable with me.

rosie39forever Sat 03-Sep-11 18:28:11

Hi we have been to Disney many times and take a letter from dd,s GP stating her diagnosis and that she would have difficulty queueing which they have accepted every time, we just take it to the town hall and show it to the staff (who all speak English) and they give us an easy access pass. Have a lovely time.

5inthebed Sat 03-Sep-11 19:49:19

<waves to Lunar>

I do have a letter which we use for theme parks, but on the DP website it says it should less than 3 months old. The poor secretary will be sick of me emailing grin

Thank you Rosie as well. WIll take letter.

How many people get the passes? Or do they just let people on with the pass holder?

Went to Lightwater Valley the other week and DS2 got a fast pass in one colour, and two of us fot them in orange. We could get on with Ds2, but couldnt use them ourselves, which is fair enough.

rebl Sat 03-Sep-11 19:53:32

I took a letter from the GP stating ds's diagnosis and that was fine. I also had in the letter all his meds listed which airport security were happy with.

5inthebed Sat 03-Sep-11 19:56:22

GP charges £15 for a letter shock, whereas Paed is excellent and free grin

Ds2 is only on melatonin, so that will go in normal luggage.

silverfrog Sat 03-Sep-11 19:58:45

blimey, really? thought Disney had a no-proof policy. they do in Florida - you just turn up and say you need the GAC, and they give it to you. must be to do with American laws or somehting.

we have always got by taking a copy of dd1's statement when we need disability access - it states diagnoses, and lists her difficulties (if they want to read that far!), as well as pointing out she goes to a SN school... buthaven't been to DLP before.

5inthebed Sat 03-Sep-11 20:02:41

No, checked the website and it says you need proof.

Yeah, GP is quite tight, although if you go see a certain GP he does usually waive the fe, because he nice like that.

LunarRose Sat 03-Sep-11 20:31:13

The disable person gets the pass, then they will let up to 6 people on depending on the ride. eg it's a small world 6 people, disabled space in the parade 1 carer. (although it was quiet when we went so they let DD and DP in as well). we were okay getting the 4 of us in on everything that we went on (kids were too young for the rollercoasters tho) You don't need to specify who when you get the pass.

there's a superb official guide on the website but the websites a pain to navigate so I can't find it at the mo.

When I booked through DLP they also booked us a wheelchair friendly room just cos "we'd appreciate the extra space", quite sweet really.

5inthebed Sat 03-Sep-11 20:45:55

There are 12 of us going wink. Although to be fair, only 5 in my immediate family.

Not sure if we are getting a bigger room, but they do know I'll have the mac major.

LunarRose Sat 03-Sep-11 21:27:45

If you swap around, you'll be fine!!

LunarRose Sat 03-Sep-11 21:33:04

You'll have a superb time, I love DLP and mickey mouse. Nothings better than watching kids faces light up. DS still talks about "disneyland castle".

sad I want to go again now envy

vjg13 Sat 03-Sep-11 21:33:14

I found the staff really good at DLP and they also upgraded our room at the hotel to the Tinkerbell suite which was fantastic.

5inthebed Sat 03-Sep-11 21:36:33

I am very very excited. Not telling the DC until the actual day! SO hard keeping it a secret. Whenever the dvert comes on I throw my hands in the air and yell "we're going to Disneyland"! They just look at me like this hmm and tut grin. Little do they know.

silverfrog Sat 03-Sep-11 21:44:53

in Florida, if there were too many people for the ride (we were allowed dd1 plus 3more at any one time), or if dh, dd1 and I wanted to go on somehting that dd2 was too small for, then we could get a switch pass - one of us went on with dd1, then we instantly swapped over and the other went with dd1. you could try something like that - dd1 was in heaven as she got to go on everyhitng twice grin

LunarRose Sat 03-Sep-11 21:52:37

grin at 5inthebed. That's brilliant!!!

I have a friend who did that, her DS face as they rolled up to the gate of the hotel and he spotted the mickey mouse everywhere was apparently a picture.

In my case the obsessive planning and the steady stream of Mickey Mouse clothing that started appearing made keeping going to disney last feb impossible to keep a secret blush

devientenigma Sat 03-Sep-11 23:22:14

Disneyland is the only place we can get DS to go and really have fun. He still talks about it loads. I have a few pics on fb, take a look, you will see exactly what I mean.

leesax Tue 06-Sep-11 20:41:56

We were naughty and didn't read the website blush so we turned up just with our DD ( in her wheelchair) and 3 sons. The staff were brilliant and did not question us at all... it was probably the best holiday we have had in ages and DD was so happy!! We plan on going back again either next year of the year after.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now