Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

slightly off topic - buggy on easyjet?

(8 Posts)
chocjunkie Sat 03-Sep-11 14:16:48

hi, will be flying this month for the first time with kids (3.5 and almost 1). I will put the little one into the sling but need to keep DD (3.5 with s&l delay and autistic traits) under control at the airport and would like to put her to be in the buggy until we are actually boarding the plane. my buggy is small and foldable.

does anybody know if this is possible with easyjet (I mean to hand over the buggy to them at the gate)?

TIA

MangoMonster Sat 03-Sep-11 14:39:48

Apparently so, see http://easyjet.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4033/~/carriage-of-buggy%2Ftravel-cot

TotalChaos Sat 03-Sep-11 14:41:28

it varies from airport to airport but normally with easyjet you can leave the buggy at the aircraft steps, so shouldn't be a problem. worth phoning up in advance to check maybe? you may have to get DD out of buggy temporarily at security for them to check buggy (depends how strict they are these days). Mostly you get buggy back at aircraft steps when landed but once or twice have had to go to oversize baggage reclaim for it.

chocjunkie Sat 03-Sep-11 16:23:19

thanks smile

cwtch4967 Sat 03-Sep-11 16:31:10

I've flown with buggies many times and have always had to wait until the baggage hall to get it back - a very long walk in some airports!

MangoMonster Sat 03-Sep-11 18:29:57

Cwtch, I found that to be an issue too.

PrincessPoppy Mon 05-Sep-11 22:15:54

Definately able to take buggy with you all the way to the aircraft. We just came back 2 weeks ago, flying with Easyjet. We did the same with them 2 years ago also. Just tell them/ ask them when you check in your suitcases, then they will put a tag on the buggy. But yes had a massive long walk at the other end to get it back. That was a bit of a killer !

SparkleRainbow Tue 06-Sep-11 09:07:58

I have flown with a buggy too, always taken it to the aircraft steps, where someone waits to collect it, and always, bar once, had it delivered back to me at the bottom of the airport steps when we land. When it was not waiting for us there was an airport bus which was right by the steps to take us to the baggage claim area, where it came on the over sized baggage carousel. It may depend which airport you are flying to, I have only every flown to US or Germany, Austria and once south of France. I would ring Easyjet and ask them about what to do to ensure that the buggy is waiting for you at the other end as soon as you disembark. Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now