Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

PARENTS CONFERENCE

(8 Posts)
MUM2TJ Fri 02-Sep-11 15:27:53

hi newbie here. can anyone tell me what happens at an annual parents conference on special ed needs. i am due to attend one in oct and never been to one before

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Fri 02-Sep-11 16:36:51

hi and welcome, not heard of a parents conference, do you mean an annual review for a statemented child?

cornsilksi Fri 02-Sep-11 18:07:28

not heard of that term before

devientenigma Sat 03-Sep-11 01:21:59

is it a conference for parents by parents??

MUM2TJ Mon 05-Sep-11 22:59:45

its by parent partnership,its for parents n carers of children with sen/disabilities, the leaflet says it has workshops on different services like education, camhs,childrens therapies,toys etc. i have never heard of one before but been invited to attend so jst wondered what to expect on the day

devientenigma Mon 05-Sep-11 23:09:13

I know a few year back when aiming high started, parent steering groups were set up for each local authority. They were supposed to be working in conjunction with parent partnership and other service providers in health, education and social services. If it's the same thing it's to find what's working and what's not. Where the gaps in provision are and what needs to change. It is also a chance for your voice as a parent to be heard.

MUM2TJ Mon 05-Sep-11 23:15:45

thanks, im quite new to all this so i think il def go and find out some info.

devientenigma Mon 05-Sep-11 23:24:59

well worth going for your reason and the chance to meet other parents. Then most importantly lunch, if it's provided of course.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now