Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Est donkey sanctuary

(4 Posts)
Calally Wed 31-Aug-11 22:33:14

We have 1 that opened at the end of June, ds was lucky enough to go with school before they broke up. So rang them and organised to take him today. Well we had such a great day. When we arrived, we were told we would have to wait, sigh, only to discover, they have an outside play area, indoor one aswell, with every toy you can think off, and also a sensory room, plus free tea n coffee. So then we get to meet the donkeys n choose the hat. And of ds goes happy as larry. The donkeys walking him round, being led, plus 2 supporting, and the leaders teaching ds colours, n getting him to throw beanbags in the right colour bucket. After we stayed for awhile. Then booked to go again next week. Ds was so calm and relaxed after, it was slightly weird lol

monstermansmum Wed 31-Aug-11 23:22:29

we used to go to EST in Machester-DS LOVED it-so did I. I cant say categorically that he learned to walk BECAUSE of the therapy he got there, but, he made so much progress when he started and he walked surprisingly early (for his condition). He used to lie completely flat (backwards) on the donkeys though and tried to roll off them sideways hmm

ArthurPewty Thu 01-Sep-11 08:20:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

signandsmile Thu 01-Sep-11 08:26:48

We've been to santuary in Devon, (didn't go into the SN bit, but just round the sanctuary each time we visited my sis who lived near by,) and ds loved it. So do we!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now