Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

ASD- MMR booster, any side effects/regression?

(7 Posts)
mum2sunshine Wed 31-Aug-11 14:40:56

Hi
My 3 year old son is about to have booster, he had no side effects with 1st jab (no idea he was ASD at the time) now I'm very nervous about letting him have booster even thought I don't think the MMR caused my son's autism. For children who have had the boosters did you notice any change in them afterwards? Any help is much appreciated
mum2sunshine

Pagwatch Wed 31-Aug-11 14:42:29

I didn't let him have the booster because his regression was after the first jab.

But I think he is very rare and for most dc it is not a problem.

auntevil Wed 31-Aug-11 17:43:14

Is this the mmr booster that they are now giving with the pre-school booster?
I know this isn't the same situation, just another view.
DS2 NT had a reaction to his - he developed HSP (Henoch Schonlein Purpura) - which is where the auto immune system turns on itself.
So when DS3 came up for the same, i played it cautiously. I waited until the summer months - less likely to be in the process of getting a cold, past his hayfever, so immune system in control. He was very well at the time of the jab so unlikely to be fighting anything off. That was a couple of weeks ago now and he has been fine, but i had put it off for over half a year until i felt he was ready. How long can you stall it if need be?

ArthurPewty Wed 31-Aug-11 17:47:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Eveiebaby Wed 31-Aug-11 18:57:54

DD has not had any side effects or regression although I did wait an extra year before she had it so I think she would have been just over four years old. It made me feel happier waiting that bit longer until she was a bit older but purely just a personal choice.

mum2sunshine Wed 31-Aug-11 21:48:55

Thank you all for your comments, my instincts are telling me to delay it for as long as possible when hopefully my son will be further along with his development. If mumps was available as a single vaccine I would definatley be going for the 3 single vaccines but the clinic cannot say if it would be available in the future.

cozzie Thu 01-Sep-11 10:49:02

I waited for the summer before DS1 started school too. He was 4 and a bit. I wanted to do single vaccines but, like you, discovered that mumps one was unavailable. It made me happier too that he had had those extra months to mature. So chuck all the reminders in the bin until you feel ready!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now