Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

School prep thread.....

(10 Posts)
StarlightMcKenzie Tue 30-Aug-11 19:22:30

These last few days are going SLOWLY. Next term is very scary. Not for ds, but for me having to deal with a whole bunch of new people, not to mention trying to keep as amicable relationship as I can with a school I am telling the tribunal is shit.......

signandsmile Wed 31-Aug-11 08:54:55

sending [sympathy], (not sure what facial expression denotes that best), grin, ds starts tomorrow, (different situtation as his school appear, so far, to be brill..) He is happy as larry, I feel like the proverbial duck, (surface calm underneath, paddling like hell!) I know it is freaking me out, as I have spent the last two weeks dreaming every night, all sorts of school dreams, (i am lost, I can't find the loos and am desperate, I am missing an exam, I have forgotten my work, big monsters are chasing me etc etc etc) So I know subconciously I am running around in small circles going ARGH!!!..

signandsmile Thu 01-Sep-11 11:37:46

well.... had first day, (half day) he was so happy to go, queued up well to go in, spoke to another child, grin

he cried when I left, and when I picked him up, sad, but was fine when there, (I think transition anxiety). His TA said, oh he was fine, then I lost him.... (!!!! shock) what had happened was she had looked away for a second and he had buried himself under cushions, hmm so she and the other TA were frantically searching classroom, till cushions moved.....

Am a little thrown, but at least it proves the point they need to watch him. grin.

StarlightMcKenzie Thu 01-Sep-11 12:35:11

LOL, oh it sounds like he did okay really doesn't it?

We're not back for another week or so....

signandsmile Thu 01-Sep-11 18:25:45

How does your ds feel about it, IYSWIM...

I found out today they all have an extra week of half days, so I am hoping that having that, (plus maybe an extra one) will mean he is ready to start full days in about a month, (adding them in one at a time.) He was a bit 'away with the fairies' this aft, but I think that's the way things will be for a while grin.

cwtch4967 Thu 01-Sep-11 19:09:51

DS starts his SS on Monday - when we visited he didn't want to leave! Called in today to pick up his school polo shirts, I ordered the smallest size (3/4) and they are huge on him - he's 4 in two weeks but scrawny!
I'm really excited - I fought hard to get him his place and the school has an excellent reputation, I will be taking him myself we are local to the school,it is in our village about half a mile up the road. I'm hoping to build good links with the school as DS may be there until he is 19.

signandsmile Fri 02-Sep-11 07:50:29

oh cwtch that sounds great, and lovely that it is local to you.

coff33pot Sat 03-Sep-11 21:51:53

Dredding school starting myself. DS is going into year 2 but still part time at the moment. Trouble is he obviously is having a new teacher and to top it all they took his favourite TA away too. He hasnt been introduced to either new TA or Teacher so that should be fun.............

Have sent all the necessary emails updating them on what is happening with SA and psych appointment so I dont have to speak and can drop and run for the first day at least grin

CherryMonster Sat 03-Sep-11 22:04:07

dd1 starts at her new special school on monday, and cant wait. she doesnt have jumpers yet as we only got the go-ahead a week before term ended, but i have put the order form in her things and school will give her the stuff when she gets there. she is travelling there by social services taxi as school is 20 miles away, so it will be a long first day for her, she leaves home at 7.45 and wont be home until 4pm.

coff33pot Sat 03-Sep-11 22:23:34

oh bless her she has got a long day! Good luck for Monday smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now