Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Grrrr, SN legal people.....

(6 Posts)
StarlightMcKenzie Tue 30-Aug-11 16:11:32

I am not a bloody conveyor-belt case.

And yes, I bloody-well DO expect to speak to the actual solicitor before instructing them. And I do hope that they are a bit more polite and sensible than the arrogant office bod who seems to think that they can gate-keep on account that you wouldn't ask a mechanic over the phone what is wrong with your car engine, without giving him the car....

okay rant over.

It's shoddy. It's ALL shoddy.

I should have said that even if I give the bloody car, I wouldn't instruct any work until I'd had a chat with him about the options, but I am better (than the office body obviously) at sticking to the damn point.

Becaroooo Tue 30-Aug-11 16:23:02

Oh star thats rubbish sad

What is it with these people???

Sit them behind a desk and give them a shiney badge and suddenly they are an expert.....grrrr

<<is it obvious I have had to deal with lawyers lately???>>

auntevil Tue 30-Aug-11 18:01:26

Is that a career progression - or just a move sideways from Drs receptionist ?
Do think that maybe it's the office as solicitors that i've had dealings with have always done a first meet and chat free to see if both are happy with the task ahead.

StarlightMcKenzie Tue 30-Aug-11 18:18:34

I don't know.

Is there ANYONE with a professional attitude in the whole sorry mess that is SN.

So we have

LA Officers - nope.
Teachers - nope.
SALTS - nope.
Advisory teachers -nope.
Tribunal panels - nope.
Judges - nope.
Baristers - nope (none that I have spoke to anyway - again only prepared to accept off the shelf-type cases or try and make mine fit an off the shelf package).
Solicitors admin staff - nope.

silverfrog Tue 30-Aug-11 18:45:08

we used 2 different firms (at different times grin) in our original quest for a decent statement for dd1.

neither treated em in that way.

I did always have to go via the desk-guarding junior, but they were fine, took my name, and I got the call back I needed as soon as was practical.

both people we used were always more than happy to talk through aspects of the case before we instructed them, and we have more than once called up about eg annual review and had a free half hour or so chatting through options.

StarlightMcKenzie Tue 30-Aug-11 19:14:48

Oh well. I'll keep going through them then.

Shame because the one I was trying to get hold of is a charity favourite and she specifically knows about the provision in our LA.

Bit disappointed. To be fair, a different charity favourite spoke to me on her mobile phone number and at length for 45 mins for free convincing me that I should represent myself hmm and pointing out a few additional weapons I didn't realise I had grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now