Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Any advice for ASD AS DD who smokes and is now exploring weed

(3 Posts)
50000feet Sat 27-Aug-11 19:06:00

just found out DD14 has been asking friends how to get some weed. She told me months ago she had tried it as older boys around the parks smoke it. She said she wouldn't do it. Have had the talk about how bad it is but it sounds like she and friends are still interested to do it.

brandy77 Sat 27-Aug-11 23:49:28

tricky, i have a 6 year old with ASD and a 16 year old not ASD, the 16 year old got into smoking weed a few years ago with his mates as "they all do it". Its becoming quite normal i gather for the teens to smoke it. Difficult to to know how to approach your dd, could you speak to her friends at all.x

coff33pot Sun 28-Aug-11 00:05:31

You could find out if there are any drug awareness talks going on in your area by contacting a community police officer. They do talks in schools/colleges.

Or if you think she can cope show her some videos of the outcomes of drug taking and scare her into not doing it. Ask a local drug support group what info/leaflets they have that can help you.

A very hard one for you and I do sympathise big time. My ex was drug addict and I am totally anti and thank got his/my DD wouldnt touch it with a barge pole and goes off on one if anyone is near her doing it. Saying that we had to give her alcohol lessions when she was 14 so not all was hunky dory. She is well away from that phase now and much older thank goodness.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now