Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Just found the most amazing thing for sensory room! Over excited about it.....

(15 Posts)
smugtandemfeeder Sat 27-Aug-11 18:40:35

I am literally so excited I cannot contain myself.

I found this at John Lewis just now. Its an LED lightbulb that goes in a normal lightbulb socket and has a remote control to change the colour. You can set it to scroll through the colours and change the brightness. Ridiculously excited.

It costs £23 but LED light bulbs last years and the colour changing lights cost over £100. This is soooo much better.

DS loves it. I just need to hide the remote!!

spiritsam Sat 27-Aug-11 19:35:06

Hi i like this but thought would let you know they are on ebay 19.99 free postage x

smugtandemfeeder Sat 27-Aug-11 19:47:46

Thank you spiritsam. I knew I could probably get it cheaper elsewhere but was much too excited to wait. Your link will be especially useful for others who get as excited as me about small things!

spiritsam Sat 27-Aug-11 19:49:47

Bless you i would get one if i had the spare cash , it looks great smile

5inthebed Sat 27-Aug-11 19:58:20

Oh that looks fab!

Is the light dim enough to use as a night light?

smugtandemfeeder Sat 27-Aug-11 20:04:38

5 its possibly a bit bright for a night light but I'm going to try it tomorrow and see. It's fairly low level lighting but we have stupid low energy fittings in some rooms so I had to put it in DDs room tonight until I change the fitting. I had thought I would use it for that as well as for calming DS before bed.

Ben10WasTheSpawnNowWeLoveLego Sat 27-Aug-11 20:09:38

Love it! Thanks smug

5inthebed Sat 27-Aug-11 20:39:03

DS2s nightlight is quite bright to start with, and Im trying to get a duller one. This looks ideal, and might help calm him for bed.

Thanks for sharing.

coff33pot Sat 27-Aug-11 22:12:40

oooh! grin

Thanks for letting us know!

pannetone Sat 27-Aug-11 22:59:58

5inthebed - we have these www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002MJWWFI/ref=oss_product colour changing nightlights - you can set them to one of seven colours and adjust the brightness, or you can leave them scrolling through all the colours.

bedheadz Sun 28-Aug-11 00:14:13

I will be buying one of those, ds will love that I also get excited about colour changing lightbulbs

Thanks smile

coff33pot Sun 28-Aug-11 00:43:20

Thats it! you have all got me shopping LOL grin just went on amazon and ordered the glow in the dark planets/light changing eggs and the star projector grin Now for some black out material hmmmmm

moosemama Sun 28-Aug-11 20:41:37

Pannetone - thank you! We have been searching for something like that for ds1 for aeons. smile

smugtandemfeeder Sun 28-Aug-11 20:45:47

moosemama how can you not be excited about MY colour changing bulb grin

moosemama Sun 28-Aug-11 21:31:07

Smug - you're quite right. I was excited about your bulb in the first instance - I should have thanked you as well. blush So - thank you Smug! wink grin

They are both fantastic products, its just that we have been specifically looking for a plug in nightlight for him and they are always either too dim or too bright - so I got over excited about the possiblility of a dimmable one. blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now