Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Things that help dyspraxic kids.

(3 Posts)
Chummybud1 Fri 26-Aug-11 19:26:33

follow on to the dyspraxic suppot thread thought it would be nice if we listed things we do to help our kids that others may find useful.

I buy elasticated trousers, but my son is a bit embarrassed so I sew a button on so they look "grown up trousers"
I buy only Velcro shoes.
I buy only plain black socks so no confusion with pairs.
I put key rings on his jacket zips so he can pull them up and down
I lay all his clothes in order that they have to be put on.

I use a car antis ip pad for his dinner plate, stops it moving and I use caring cutlery.
When out I only order him non messy food like fish and chips so there is little mess, saves his embarrassment.
The school send me the dinner menu at the beginning of the week so that we can order non messy food.
He has one set of books at school and one at home to save time and ease up on organising.
He uses a PENAGAIN to write, these are pens that make the hand into a tripod and take the weight of the hand. I recommend you all try these, they are a god send.

I use moist Tiolet tissue in the bathroom, and he takes some to school in a DIscreet tub.

When he watching tv or playing computer he sits on a fitness ball, this is great for balance.

Chummybud1 Fri 26-Aug-11 21:28:44

That's car antislip pad

Chummybud1 Fri 26-Aug-11 21:30:38

I blue tack his homeworker to the table, makes writing easier

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now