Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Need a rant! Fecking ignorant neighbours!

(13 Posts)
keepingupwiththejoneses Fri 26-Aug-11 13:25:35

I am so stressed at the moment. DS2 asd is not sleeping at all, well 3 hours at night max. It's not hat he screams all night just thinks it's day. doesn't sleep during the day either so is seriously over tired. Even if he did sleep during the day its not like I could join him as I have ds1 to look after so I am exhausted.
Then to top it all off my next door neighbour knocked earlier to complain that ds2 is keeping her awake! This woman is a nightmare, she complains about everything, where I park my car, that dh defrosts his van in the winter without moving it out of the close first, ds1's friends knocking for him because they don't belong in our close hmm you name it she complains about it.
Her house isn't next door as such, it is on a right angle to me as we live in a cul-de-sac. She sleeps in the bedroom at the back and all the double glazed windows are closed here as ds throws things out of them, I know she sleeps with her window shut. She was banging on our living room window at 3am this morning, I was in the living room with ds, but by the time I got to the front door she had gone, I know it was her as her lights where on in the hallway.
Is she for real or am I just so tired I am not thinking straight!

eaglewings Fri 26-Aug-11 13:30:34

Feel so sorry for you.

Doubt I could think straight on so little sleep.

She ibvu, but may not understand. Could you give her a book about asd. It also sounds like she may be suffering from depression, often when people are so low they find it hard to be reasonable and what neighbours are up to swells in their mind.

Do you get any respite?

sickofsocalledexperts Fri 26-Aug-11 13:34:34

She sounds like a right pain in the arse. If she is banging on your window at that time in the morning, report it to the police as a possible burglar/intruder, then maybe she will get the message. I use melatonin for my boy's sleeping, have you tried that? She hasn't got a case in hell from a noise prevention point of view - I actually looked into it when I had a similar case - a nasty old woman next door complaining that DS's noise was putting her off her 'work" - she made ugly mosaic items as a hobby, which no fucker ever bought. In the end, with that woman, I turned the tables and was extremely rude/ignoring of her. She moved. Don't let this old hag get you down, you have enough on your plate.

keepingupwiththejoneses Fri 26-Aug-11 13:37:28

She has got mental health issues, she refuses to learn about the asd, it is all about her.
He has melatonin, but only the quick release as he won't take the other. I am waiting for the local housing officer to call me back, her house is social housing!

sickofsocalledexperts Fri 26-Aug-11 13:40:44

I have some melatonin which is fast acting but also strawberry flavoured and chewable tablets. Works a treat, if you could get some of that? Maybe if you enter complaints about her harassment of you, in your very difficult circs with a disabled child, she will be moved away?

cansu Fri 26-Aug-11 13:41:05

I used to have problems with my neighbours in old house. when I moved to new place I tackled it head on by inviting neighbours round for drink and telling them all about ds1. They are however intelligent, nice people and have thus far been very understanding about noise. I think the only thing you can do is either go and see her and explain your son's condition to her or write a note about it. She may well continue being unpleasant but you will have done your best. Our ds1 is now on melatonin and alimemazine to help his sleep and it has made a massive difference. However, he is still very noisy in day time shrieking and banging doors etc.

cansu Fri 26-Aug-11 13:43:13

Sorry cross posted with you. If she won't learn about the asd then there is very little you can do. We have the liquid melatonin that gets him off to sleep, the other stuff helps him to stay asleep.

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 26-Aug-11 13:50:57

Tell her you are doing your absolute best and her interference in your life makes things worse. Give her the number of your social worker and suggest that if she thinks you need help then this is the person to call.

growlybear Fri 26-Aug-11 14:03:15

We have neighbours from hell too.They keep us and my dd awake half the night then have the cheek to complain when they want to sleep till midday because general living is happening in our house.They have complained about my son playing in the garden with his mates but when her grandson comes to stay he shouts and balls in the garden its hard to think.We have spoken to them loads of times and called the police.They think they are above everyone.She told me that my severly disabled daughter was weired and she should live in a home miles away from anyone,If they keep here awake it makes her have more seizures because she is tired,When i told them that she said well thats just tuff isnt it.Lovely people told us we are weired.This comes from the person who sings very very loadly to her cat at 3am.

unpa1dcar3r Fri 26-Aug-11 21:18:05

Bloody hell some people!
No one can do anything about childrens noise- I spoke to an environment officer about this and he told me this.
Also a good friend of mine is an environment officer and she said the same so as for them complaining about the kids noise, stuff 'em.
Sounds like your neighbour needs to move to an empty field- or preferably an uninhabited island. MKaybe you could suggest this and offer to buy her a one way ticket!

And your neighbour Growly, well, dear Lord above why in hell does she sing to a friggi8ng cat FFS. She is seriously deranged. I'd say to her "you should know about disability being as you're fucking mentally ill ya daft old bat"

Blimey thought my neighbour was bad- he hates us cos we're English!! But thankfully we don't have owt to do with him silly old sod and he does at least say hello to youngest if we're not about!

JackTheNipper Sat 27-Aug-11 09:32:21

I have just been re-jigging DS's melatonin, I knew he never had a problem falling asleep, its the staying asleep, our paed's answer was to keep upping the dose, but it didn't work he still woke up at the same time.
What I have been doing over the past week is not give him any at bed time, he falls asleep within about 5-10 mins, but when he wakes up I give him half his prescribed dose, then if he is still fussing half hour later I give him the other half, or if he wakes again he'll get the other half. I have told our paed that this is what I'm doing and she is fine with it, at the moment it is working I just hope it conitnues!
could this kind of routine work for your ds?

keepingupwiththejoneses Sat 27-Aug-11 10:56:45

Good idea jack I might try that, I dilute ds's in his juice so I could give him it during the night very easily.
Growly, OMG your neighbour sounds nuts!
Some people are very odd!

growlybear Sun 28-Aug-11 18:57:04

Yep she is nuts ok.Last night she was singing old m'c donalds farm at half twelve.Hoping for quieter night tonight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now