Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

i feel so alone

(12 Posts)
buzzzybee Thu 25-Aug-11 11:30:14

hi i come on here because i know some of u will understand.. i'm having such a bad time latey sad im sat here crying right now . my aspergers ds is driving me absolutely crazy! i cant leave him alone for a second ,hes getting angry with his sisters ,trashing the place,wont eat ,hes very sensitive to sounds so we have to turn the tv off and the radio is a no too ! i want to go out but its double the stress sad

IndigoBell Thu 25-Aug-11 11:33:08

sad

Does school start back soon?

Do you have a garden?

Does he like TV or computer games or anything like that?

Stay on here. Someone is always listening.

fabanflabby Thu 25-Aug-11 11:42:04

Hi
How old is he - I notice TV and radio are a no go. Does that mean games too like Xbox or DSi with the sound off or is he a bit young?

What about lego. We are about to enter into the assessment process with my DS and over the holidays - raining again!! - I have found lego to be a godsend? I started helping him with a starwars ship and left him. He calmed down loads.
I do sympathise - I seem to spend my entire day seperating kids into different spaces to avoid the rows!
xx

auntevil Thu 25-Aug-11 11:55:16

Does he have ear defenders to cut out the noise?
Have your girls got anywhere they can go, a play date, friends, other family? Maybe the house would seem calmer for him to not have his sisters and their quite natural noise, out for a while. they might like to go somewhere noisier too.
Sympathies here too. My DS is the opposite - he craves noise and kerfuffle. His 4 year old brother even asks if he has a mute button because he is giving him a right royal splitting headache (don't know where on earth he got that from? grin ) You end up being caught between the devil and the deep blue. You want all of them to be calm and happy and doing what they want.
brew as it's just before 12, but there's a wine chilling for after lunch.

coff33pot Thu 25-Aug-11 12:51:19

School is just around the corner and then things will settle down a bit more smile My two are extremely bored with each other at the moment and are scrapping well. Even with me intervening and joining in the bickering is ongoing so I know how you must be feeling.

Does he like art/crafts? I dont know how old he is. We are cutting up shapes out of potatoes and carrots this afternoon to do some stamp work. DD said she is going to do wrapping paper for xmas (bit early but hey ho) I will probably have to watch DS incase paints the cats/dog but it will all come off in the bath. I have sent DD swimming as DS is a different boy when she is not here he calms down in the silence. Another thing I have done is got a big box from tesco this week and the two decorated it and cut wholes in it for a hogwort castle. If they cant agree get two boxes grin

sickofsocalledexperts Thu 25-Aug-11 12:55:19

Maybe go to CAMHS and ask about medication - I have several pals whose hyperactive ASD/AS boys, or ADHD boys, have been really helped by ritalin/strattera or prozac. Or get the energy out with indoor trampoline if no garden: we bought an adult-sized rebounder. You are not alone. I am also thinking "why don't they just make the summer holidays 2 weeks long, like Easter and Christmas!!!"

WilsonFrickett Thu 25-Aug-11 14:09:22

sad

Can you get out at all? A big walk in the country to listen to the quiet?

It's really hard I know and the holidays are loooooooong.

brew

buzzzybee Thu 25-Aug-11 15:58:40

hi thankyouu soo much 4 all ur lovely ideas smile
my ds is 3 but he's the size of 5/6 yr old lol hes broke the sofa's jumping on them! i'm feeling a little better as my partner is due home in 3 hrs,cant wait! i dont have any family 2 help really as my mum passed away a few yrs ago (single mum) and my sisters cant cope with my son or maybe they don't want to help (havnt seen them for weeks) i feel really isolated atm maybe because of the hols :/
i know this sound sad but i feel i cant make or be with old friends because of my son being a complete nightmare ! i love him with all my heart but i am struggling alot! sad
does anybody know of any support groups i could talk 2?

thanks x

buzzzybee Thu 25-Aug-11 16:00:08

oh and my partners family are in kurdistan x

Becaroooo Thu 25-Aug-11 16:01:05

Was going to ask about ear defenders too...they are great! Ds1 sometimes wears his in the car as he finds the noise of the engine on long journeys particularly annoying.

ouryve Thu 25-Aug-11 16:01:38

[hugs]
[chocolate]
And lots of empathy.

Mine have driven me to tears, today, as well. They're both tired and hyper and crabby with me and with each other and DS1 has done himself out of screen time with his behaviour. Taking a nappy out to the bin and seeing next door with his 4 year old grandson calmly helping him to build a fence had me shutting myself in the bathroom for a good sob.

We've had a long walk, today, followed by a bit play outside. DS2 spent half of it slapping me. DS1 went off on one after we got back when I had the nerve to insist he removed wet, muddy clothes before sitting down to lunch.

And the lego is out and the boys are constantly fighting over it. I've had to warn DS1 several times that if he pushes DS2, I will have to put it all away.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Thu 25-Aug-11 16:42:34

Whereabouts are you, buzzzybee? Someone may know of a support group local to you. Have you got a nursery place lined up for your DS? You sound like you really need a break.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now