Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Whoop! Success with school transport!

(5 Posts)
weegiemum Thu 25-Aug-11 09:51:00

I dont come on here very often - hardly seems right when my dd2 has a temp problem, rather than lifelong special need.

She has a hip condition (Perthes Syndrome) where her hip ball died and crumbled and is now growing back. She spent 2 years in a wheelchair and still can't do gym at school etc. Next year she is having major reconstructive surgery with bone grafting to rebuild her pelvis.

All the dc go to school on the school bus, but this year they changed the stop so it is 1/2 mile away - too far for dd2 to walk. Seemed no option - I was carrying her etc (She's 7!!). But this morning got a phone call from the council - they have reconsidered and there will be a taxi at our back door from Monday!!!!!!!

Huge thanks to Glasgow City `Council and especially Yorkhill Hospital who wrote and made this happen!!!! I can stop worrying, stop carrying, and hopefully my RA will get a bit better with not having to carry a 7yo about any more!!

IndigoBell Thu 25-Aug-11 10:37:04

Well done! Great to hear some good news.

And I help your DD gets better as quickly as possible.

auntevil Thu 25-Aug-11 11:59:31

A victory for common sense - now we just have to apply it to all the other departments. Well done for making it happen smile

weegiemum Thu 25-Aug-11 13:39:03

Still smiling!!!

coff33pot Thu 25-Aug-11 14:37:42

Good news for once! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now