Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Is it Friday yet?

(24 Posts)
Triggles Wed 24-Aug-11 19:41:36

Sigh...

coff33pot Wed 24-Aug-11 23:48:05

lol grin I sooooo wish it was too. Its been a long week even if its only the middle grin

zzzzz Thu 25-Aug-11 06:23:46

I have a friend coming at 10 for lunch....house a tip, no clean clothes and no food in.....I wish it was Friday too.

hazeyjane Thu 25-Aug-11 08:09:31

Woke up this morning unable to get out of bed with a bad back. I've been dreading this, as a lot of my day is spent carrying ds around. Dh has just gone to work, leaving me with a hot water bottle strapped to my back, dosed up on painkillers, watching Alvin and the Chipmunks with dds and ds snuggled on my lap - only 8 more hours until he comes home, how many times can we watch this film before I start speaking in a really squeaky voice.

Roll on Friday.

Triggles Thu 25-Aug-11 08:39:14

Feeling dreadfully isolated and alone. Very frustrated. Can't go anywhere, can't do anything. DH driving me up the wall. Boys all over the place, most likely due to the stress at home. House is a tip, even though I spend all my time juggling care of the boys and cleaning up.

Some days it's just too much....

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Thu 25-Aug-11 09:24:25

it's bloody shit isn't it triggles! But, chin up, one more week and they'll be back at school and normal service will be resumed. I've given up on anything other than just the basic housework, the dcs are coming along right behind me undoing everything I've just done, it's not worth it [argh] I'm planning on chucking my lot out in the garden today and closing the door while I drink gin grin

EllenJaneisnotmyname Thu 25-Aug-11 10:51:46

It's all pretty shit here, too. Things not going too well with me and DH. We can share the misery around...

hazeyjane Thu 25-Aug-11 10:53:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Thu 25-Aug-11 11:08:59

Oh, hazey, that's a bummer. How old is your DS? It can be quite tricky proving a very young child with SN needs more care than a NT child, but it is possible. Will you appeal?

hazeyjane Thu 25-Aug-11 11:15:46

EllenJaneisnotmyname Thu 25-Aug-11 11:20:03

He had a suspected fit, recently, didn't he? Sadly, that would be extra ammunition for your claim. Trouble is, NT children often don't walk until 18 mth and may still be waking. It will be a lot easier to get DLA once the differences widen. sad Which is why it's such a depressing bloody form. Maybe shelve it for a bit if it's getting you down?

auntevil Thu 25-Aug-11 11:34:19

Glad to see you've got the gin back in Ninja. It is "peeing/peaing" it down near yours at the moment - don't leave them out in the cold and wet too long or they might not be well enough to go back to school [shocked] grin
I've reminded all of mine today of how little holidays are left. It's done more to reassure me than them.
I had a list as long as my arm of things i wanted to do before school went back - i think i've managed half a finger's worth so far biscuit

hazeyjane Thu 25-Aug-11 11:41:45

Triggles Thu 25-Aug-11 11:58:16

hazey - so sorry that the DLA is being obstinate. Ellen's right though - it's much more difficult until the differences widen up, although it seems to me there are some fairly clear differences now. It is frustrating - when we initially applied for DS2, we were very clear about his night wakings (he was 4yo) and how often and long he was awake and needed care at night and early mornings (5am always, but very often 3-4 am Yawn!!) and they said "oh that's normal for a 4yo!" (I beg to differ!!!!!)

I didn't fight it at that point, as technically we could have pushed for HRC, but we left it at MRC, as I was also putting together stuff for his statement and didn't want to be overloaded with paperwork. He also would most likely get the mobility part, but again, I can't be bothered to put myself through the stress at the moment. I'm going to see how things go over the next 6 months, and then make a further decision when I'm more ready to face more paperwork.

I feel badly, as I love having DS2 home for the summer holidays, but he and DH seem to be pinging off each other. DH seems to think DS2's behaviour is on purpose, and I have to keep telling him it's not - you can TELL it's not just by the way he's moving when he's more "off" than other times. DH keeps this up, I swear I will start putting the emphasis on with a frying pan! thump thump NO thump IT'S thump NOT thump ON thump PURPOSE!!! thump thump (with a few added thumps for good measure! grin)

coff33pot Thu 25-Aug-11 12:28:51

Not so hunky dory here either eldest dd didnt turn up for work yesterday and she has no phone as its broke and off for repairs. I dont know where she is living as she has gone back to a previous psycho and although I do know she thinks I dont. I dont know if she is alright and because she overdosed last year and ended up on life support my dreams have been horrendous to say the least sad

Just snapped DH head off as I ordered a cheap table tennis set just to put on the dining table for DS & DD. Thought it would be both active and DS could learn teamwork with me and the losing factor too. Was told it was stupid as our table wasnt big enough (he is such a sport perfectionist sigh). I am tired and I suppose i bit to quick but I hate being knocked down on an idea and was looking forward to having something different for DS to do.

DD has gone swimming so she is ok DH has gone to the shop for a long day and I do hope eldest DD turns up or I am going to be banging doors all over cornwall sad

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Thu 25-Aug-11 12:31:26

it's sodding raining, typical, that's my plans scuppered. We're getting to the really expensive part of the holidays as trying to get everything together for back to school and I really hate shoe shopping with my lot.

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Thu 25-Aug-11 12:33:37

x posts coffee, hope all turns out to be ok

coff33pot Thu 25-Aug-11 12:34:24

yep its raining then its not then its raining grrrrrrr! feel like a yo yo washing has gone out an in four times now. DS though is outside in his wellies regardless grin

Triggles Thu 25-Aug-11 13:04:33

oh god, shoe shopping! <shudder>

DH thinks that it's enough to hold the shoe up to the ones they are currently wearing and that's enough for "trying the shoe on".... hmm

Triggles Thu 25-Aug-11 13:05:09

I did TRY to explain to him that if we kept doing that, they'd still be wearing toddler shoes when they're 10.... sigh... male logic, eh?

AlysWho Fri 26-Aug-11 08:33:47

YES!! its FRiday.. if I can persuade dd to go to respite we're going away for the weekend, sod the weather. it'll be the first time i leave the county since May, cant wait grin
Good luck everyone hope your weekends go ok, its the last moment of calm for us before the stressy back to school build up. x

smugtandemfeeder Fri 26-Aug-11 08:43:01

Morning everyone. Im shattered. Friday is never a good day for me. DH has just been diagnosed with bipolar and has meds to start. DS woke up at 3am and woke DD up. I had them both crying until 5am. gave DS some melatonin at 3am and hes still asleep grin No scrap that he's just woken up in a foul mood, straight to kicking and screaming at DD.

LottieJenkins Fri 26-Aug-11 09:05:42

Hi all. I am knackered too. Ds's holiday club finished on Weds. I now have two weeks with no respite............He used to have a link family which worked out well. That was stopped two years ago and he now has a support worker who can't work in the summer holidays due to family commitments. Not his fault at all he is a lovely guy. It just makes me mad that i'm left with little/no support! sad

Morning to all knackered people. smile

Sorry to hear of the problems that everyone inc Hazey, Triggles, Smug, Ellen, Coff are having at the moment.

Have to say that it has been an alright week for us. DH has had the last 2 weeks off and we have had a lovely time with DS since initial problems at the start with behaviour/ lack of empathy etc. DH has completely accepted DS's problems as probably ASD and did not argue about him having a stroller at Legoland yesterday whereas he probably would have done before. Family Fund visit booked in as well for Sept.

Moose thanks for the recommendation of Grange Hotel in Bracknell - it was perfect for us smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now