Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

any use for old Piedro boots?

(10 Posts)
yuckythingsonthefloor Sun 21-Aug-11 11:40:24

I have several pairs, most very worn which my DS wore from 18 months - about 3 and a half, so various sizes, degrees of wear. I never threw them out for some reason, probably because they were so effing expensive.

Before I take the plunge does anyone have anyone have any thoughts? Unlikely I know, especially as DS has a narrow foot size (F) but you never know.

Annawiththebag Sun 21-Aug-11 12:26:18

You could ask your Physiotherapist, she may suggest something?

pigletmania Sun 21-Aug-11 12:46:00

Or Ebay them, you never know!

VeraCanSignChocolateAndWine Sun 21-Aug-11 15:39:09

Maybe a shoe recycling bank?

yes... ! I have a friend who takes used equipment to the Gambia every year via a charity called Hidden children... they collect used equipment of any kind, including piedros, splints, anything..and it is used in an orphanage amongst other places.. they can reuse splints (remold them I think) and reuse boots as they are.

If you are interested PM me and I'll put you in contactsmile

Annawiththebag Sun 21-Aug-11 17:57:39

Medusa, that is an excellent suggestion, may I also have this contact?

Yes..just waiting for my friend to get back to me with the contact she uses for the Hidden Children group.smile

yuckythingsonthefloor Sun 21-Aug-11 21:09:52

Fabulous, thank you, and just got your PM, Medusa.

sneezecakesmum Sun 21-Aug-11 22:24:40

Our old physio (married to a vicar) organises them to be sent overseas too. Dont know if your physio knows of ways they can be recyled abroad?

DABJH Wed 09-Dec-15 09:29:28

Hi - I realise this is an old post, but we have a selection of boots in good condition that we'd be glad to pass on for reuse. We're in the MK area if anyone still knows of good home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now