Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Friday Night too tired for ........ Thread

(136 Posts)
IndigoBell Fri 19-Aug-11 16:23:23

Evening all.......

IndigoBell Fri 19-Aug-11 16:25:46

At the moment my life is revolving around hiring a nanny. Interviewing yet another one tomorrow. Wish me luck.....

DDs been away all week on holiday. I can't believe how much more relaxed I am without her around to worry about sad

DS is going to Scout camp tomorrow. He will be the youngest scout there by about 2 years. And while he doesn't normally pick a fight...... If he's provoked...... I expect him to come home black and blue sad and happy smile

EllenJaneisnotmyname Fri 19-Aug-11 16:33:59

Hi Indigo. I'm trapped in the cinema watching Mr Poppers Penguins. Not recommended for adults! I've had a fairly quiet week since our w/e away to the Forest of Dean.

Had lots of fun infiltrating NetMums with MrsDeVere, Infestation and others. Would you believe they have now added some of the nastier disablist words to their swear filter. Some really ignorant people on there. I have now registered on there and have my own ticker and everything. Don't think I'll be spending much time over there, somehow.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Fri 19-Aug-11 16:36:01

Gosh, Indigo, will you have any time child free?

Hi both!

Do you not recommend it then Ellen grin I don't recommend the Smurfs!

I really enjoyed reading the Netmums thread - your ticker is fantastic BTW

Good luck with the nanny Indigo

EllenJaneisnotmyname Fri 19-Aug-11 16:41:29

Have you seen the picture on my profile page of the lovely 'moneybox' my DS1 made when he was 7? I'm saving it for his 18th birthday. What does it remind you of?

Ooh, I do love your "moneybox" grin

IndigoBell Fri 19-Aug-11 16:46:37

DS2s obsession is Penguins. So I have seen Poppers Penguins. We are now reading the book. grin It is absolutely nothing at all like the movie - totally different plot.

The only good thing is it has short chapters and DS2 is happily reading it - the first non Roald Dahl book he has ever read. I am soooooooo sick of Roald Dahl.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Fri 19-Aug-11 16:51:04

I'm not sure if the photo does the lovely pink colour justice.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Fri 19-Aug-11 16:52:40

It's got a lot of slapstick laughs but I hate divorced dad making it up to his kids plots.

Sounds a thousand times better than the Smurfs though hmm

I can't zoom in enough to see the photo in all of it's glory smile I have to say that I was in so much pain yesterday and in bed from 5 but I managed to get my finger to work to scroll and press f5 all night grin

EllenJaneisnotmyname Fri 19-Aug-11 17:06:33

TBH, probably nothing could be worse than the Smurfs!

insanityscatching Fri 19-Aug-11 17:07:04

Hello all, a quiet week here, have took the plunge and booked Isle of Wight holiday so have been doing a fair bit of preparation for that.
Feeling less stressed about Tribunal at the minute, told them to finalise the statement we're not going to try and get it right from what we got. Solicitor has drafted grounds of appeal but will fine tune it next week ready for when the final statement is issued.
It's been such a slog getting to where we are that it actually feels like we are on the home straight now.
Ds is as good as he gets so that's good and dd is entertaining me by showing a wicked sense of humour. Bought her loads of Beano comics from Ebay and so she's working her way through those grin
Went for a walk in the Peak District when dh was off but other than that have been confined to barracks.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Fri 19-Aug-11 17:12:28

Do his GCSE results come out next week? Crossing fingers for him.

insanityscatching Fri 19-Aug-11 17:18:27

Oh yes we're not thinking about them I don't think confused He did his best whatever the results we'll be proud, mind you had better start sourcing a reward because he'll expect one grin

WilsonFrickett Fri 19-Aug-11 17:23:20

Well we have survived 2.5 days of primary 2 unscathed although the new teacher 'doesn't use a caterpillar' (visual timetable) and 'keeps the times in her head'. I was supposed to be going on a spa thingy tomorrow but one of the others can't make it and now the other three of us are doing a whole 'oh, shouldn't we postpone' thang. I DON'T WANT TO POSTPONE I WANT MY LOVELY SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

EllenJaneisnotmyname Fri 19-Aug-11 17:32:04

Sorry, Wilson. I hope you get your spaaaaaaa! The teacher should really use a visual timetable, though. It's a 'reasonable adjustment' if it reduces anxiety.

WilsonFrickett Fri 19-Aug-11 17:52:21

Fear not, I'm 'just popping by' on Monday to 'catch up on a few things'. grin

I was actually quite surprised because she's very young and it's just good teaching practice - his P1 teacher did things in a very ASD-friendly way but she just thought it was a good idea to appeal to different learning styles - visual timetable, music cues to start and finish activities, fiddle toys on table tops. I'm starting to wonder if she was just a genius and no-one else will measure up...

Verahaspurpletwuntypants Fri 19-Aug-11 17:53:29

Evening all.

Evening Vera - can you give me a clue as who you used to be before the "brigade" - I've been racking my brains and failing

EllenJaneisnotmyname Fri 19-Aug-11 18:26:19

Alow Vera!

EllenJaneisnotmyname Fri 19-Aug-11 18:26:59

I want to know who Wilson was.

cwtch4967 Fri 19-Aug-11 18:27:09

I'm on countdown to the start of term! I'm finding the holidays hard, ds 3 LD & ASD and NT 6 year old dd. The weather has been poor here so not so easy to find things to do.
DS is starting at his SS on 5th sept and I know it will be so good for him, and I can't wait to have some time on my own every day to catch up on housework / and or sit and have a quiet coffee!
I'm also counting down to next weekend - it's our 7th wedding anniversary and DH and I are having two nights away ON OUR OWN!!! DD is going to the in laws and my parents are having ds - I'm SO LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!!!!

EllenJaneisnotmyname Fri 19-Aug-11 18:27:26

And Infestation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now