Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

One Show - ASD

(11 Posts)

Watched the slot tonight re ASD on the One Show with DH and he suddenly burst into tears as he realised that everything that they were explaining about ASD was DS to a tee.........

He has been happy to say that DS has dyspraxia and that things are because of his dyspraxia. Now he gets that it probably isn't just because of dyspraxia - it took a TV programme to make him accept it but I am pleased that he has now............. Now to get a dx grin

keepingupwiththejoneses Thu 18-Aug-11 19:31:12

[hugs] Sometimes it does take something like that to show you what is going on, my mum was the same with ds3, she decided there was nothing wrong him until she watch something on the tv.
It was very good though wasn't it xx

He wants a robot for the house now grin

coff33pot Thu 18-Aug-11 19:37:13

xxxx BIG hugs for you and DH smile

Its hard when it hits but at least you are now batting on the same side smile

EllenJaneisnotmyname Thu 18-Aug-11 21:27:38

Ooh, I'll check out i player.

nenevomito Thu 18-Aug-11 21:48:48

Where abouts in the show is it? I've got it up on iplayer, but can't find any mention?

nenevomito Thu 18-Aug-11 21:50:15

Ignore me. Today's isn't on yet and I just watched yesterdays. D'oh!!

lisad123 Thu 18-Aug-11 22:30:41

That damn robot, my DD2 hates it! The Special autism school they showed is hers grin little Eden is her friend there. Can see mum might take the comment of "she doesnt present as an autistic child" with a bit of hmm

glad it helped you though ben10

I thought the robot was very freaky and there is no way that I would have it in my house. Given our problems with empathy etc in the last week with DS, it was perfect timing for DH though.

Lisa it's amazing that people who see our children for an hour or so can easily make comments like "she doesn't present as an autistic child" isn't it hmm

chuckeyegg Fri 19-Aug-11 07:12:32

On the iplayer and the piece is on early in the programe, very interesting concept. here

Thanks for posting smile

lisad123 Fri 19-Aug-11 08:25:04

i hate it, we were on a special autism girls camp out and one of the parents said something simular shock
Some woman at musem asked how it presented it in my girls, cue dd2 having full meltdown because she could pretend to be a cat, and trying to hit scratch me and push me down the stairs! stupid woman

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now